Monday, January 3, 2011

Caywood Update


I finally have something to update on. We are moving to Newport News, Virginia this summer. It is near the coast so hopefully there won't be too much snow. We are excited to move on in life. I have really liked living in Georgia so it will be sad to move. I hope that Virginia is just as great. It is a bigger area so I will get to live by a Costco again. There is only a Sam's Club here and to me it doesn't compare with Costco. I will even be by a Trader Joe's. The possibilities are endless.
Everything else is the same. The girls are growing. Jade is 5 and in Kindergarten. and Elise will turn 4 in a couple months. I was released from Young Women after serving in it for over three years. I am now the gospel doctrine teacher. We had a raccoon kill one of our chickens so Jason trapped it in a live animal trap and then he skinned it and even ate some of it. I didn't eat it but the girls tried it with him and they really liked it. So now we are as redneck as can be. We did get a new chicken to replace the lost one. That is probably the most excited thing that has happened to us for a couple years. I hope you all had a great Christmas.


3 comments:

Jill said...

That's pretty impressive with the raccoon. I'm with you, I don't think I would have tried it either.
Jeremy says to Jason "Those hands are for healing not killing".
Good luck with your move. Happy New Year!

The Mathews Family said...

Oh man that's just GROSS!! Hilarious though and CONGRATS on the big move coming up! Sounds exciting. So great to hear from you!

hughes family said...

wow, maggie, that is pretty impressive! i never knew you could eat raccoon! that is exciting about your move--i'm sure virginia will be nice. i'm glad you guys have loved georgia, but yes, a costco and trader joes will be SO nice to be by!