Monday, July 21, 2008

My favorite birthday present!

Okay, I am a few days late, but I turned 32 last Thursday. I wanted to wait until Brett and I did our triathlon together. I feel like doing our race together was the best present of all. I had a good birthday. I hung out with a friend in the morning, then I did get to take a nap, around 11:00 because one of my friends took Aubrey and Brynn to the park. I just put Brayden down for a nap. It was wonderful. Then later around five we went to dinner at Souplantaion. It has the best salad bar. Driving there Brett gave me my present. He got me tons of new triathlon and running clothes. It was super nice of him. At dinner everyone said something nice about me. It was cute to here what the girls had to say. I forgot to mention that when Brynn woke up in the morning the first thing she said to me was Happy Birthday. I was so impressed. The next day Brett and I got to have a date/mock triathlon to finish celebrating. It was a blast swimming in the ocean and biking by the ocean. Then of course on Saturday my best present, my triathlon.

Well, I know when we do these we say something about ourselves. I am not sure what I could say that you all don't already know about me. Brett says I am like an open book, not leaving much hidden.
Things I love a great salad, a good juicy pieces of fruit, hanging out and talking with friends and family, doing fun things with my children and husband, a good nap, and a great workout, and last but not least triathlons.
Things I could be better at is organizing, cleaning, and being on time. ( There is alot more, but these are the ones I really want to get better at in the next year).
I have a great life. I am so blessed to have my mellow, loving, kind, supportive husband. I also feel so blessed and privilliged to be able to stay home with my cute children Brynn (5), Aubrey(3), and Brayden (1). Everyday my children do something that just makes me smile and to be grateful to be their mother. I am also so blessed to have the friends I do. Brynn has been asking me alot about friends lately. She is wondering how it will be when she has to leave her friends again and go to Florida. I keep telling her, it is great to live so many places because then you can have friends all over. I feel so lucky to have friends all over the US. When it comes down to my greatest time in life it is when I am with my friends and family. I am so thankful to have the gospel in my life. It is such a strength and anchor in my life.
Thanks to each of you who have helped make me a better person, and thanks for starting this birthday post thing. It really helps me see how blessed I really am.
















Here is a few pictures of our girls weekend (You can check out my blog if you want to see a few more pictures). It really was a wonderful weekend. We boogieboarded, laid out, read, talked, biked, ran, ate yummy food, went to dinner, shopped, talked some more, and most of all just enjoyed being reunited with each other. We missed all of you that could come, but we are hoping to do it each July. So, all of you that didn't come you'll for sure have to come next year.




4 comments:

The Kalcichs said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Kami! I love seeing your smiling face. I can't get over how healthy you look. I was just telling my friend the other day about you and what a good example you are to me. How fun that you and Brett got to do a triathlon together. Good luck with your move to Florida. You are such a wonderful mom and friend that I'm sure everything will go smoothly. I'm glad you girls all got together for the weekend!

Maggie said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. It is wonderful that you and Brett have something you enjoy doing together. Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting girl's weekend pictures. Everyone looks great and relaxed. I am super glad that no one got arrested... or did they?

hughes family said...

happy b-day kami!! i love your pics, you and brett look so cute together in that picture. i'm glad you had a good birthday and that you got to spend it doing what you love. i'm glad i'm not the only 32 year old anymore too...
love you!!
meg

Adam Jensen said...

Happy Birthday Kami! I am so glad you had a great day and that you got all you wanted :) Good luck with your move! Smart Brett for joining the navy, think of all the beaches you will enjoy while in residency! If you can't have your husband around as much as you want, at least you can miss him at the beach! :)