Monday, October 11, 2010

Amen Sistah

I'm all for some updating! As a comment on Shelly's comment: Whoa girl. That's rough. No playgroup or anything? I would die! Maybe they've just been waiting for you to come and start it all up! Other than the ward, what's Sioux Falls like? Cold probably eh? How long are you guys there for?

We are doing pretty good. Its been a crazy year. Just lots of ups and downs and craziness. We're moving in like 6 weeks! On Thursday we'll fly to Washington to find a house. My brother and his wife are coming to watch the kids. Should be interesting! This will be the first time we've left them with anyone other than my mom. But... three days with James, I cannot WAIT! We both really need this time away. He's been away on the ship a lot. When he's not, he's gone from 4:30 in the morning until 5 or 6, but can't stay awake long enough to hang out after the kids go to bed. The worst part is that he is bored out of his mind on the boat. There just hasn't been that much for him to do, but he can't leave. Things should be quite different in Washington, he may even have time to moonlight a little.

I for sure am going to miss Oceanside. Its been awesome. I'll miss the sunshine and all there is to do, but I'll miss my friends most of all. I am looking forward to not having so many "extra-curricular" things for a while. We took Charlie and Annie out of Karate and dance and Dillon only has Scouts and Piano now. I'm really trying to simplify our lives. I will not get suckered into PTO again.... at least not until I feel up to it but boy am I ever going to enjoy having my kids in a decent school system! I hope I can have a break from a stressful calling for a little while. I may finally get to spend some time organizing my thoughts, my stuff, our memories, you know.... stuff I used to do. I haven't scrapbooked in almost 2 years! I so want to update my website and feel like my business is in good working order again. I also want to get back into my good eating & exercising routine. I'm feeling really selfish tonight - can you tell? ;)

I really have missed girl's nights. I hope everyone is on board for girl's weekend next year! Should we still aim for Hawaii, or would more people be able to come if we did it in Salt Lake again? The most important thing is we get as many people there as would like to be there, you know? Its always such a renewing experience.

Well, that's my novel-of-an-update for ya. What's everyone else up to? Rachel your baby (Annalee who shares a birthday with my Annie!) is scrum-diddly-umptious!! Congratulations!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Jenny I'm so glad you get a little time with James looking for a place. I am taggin along with jeremy to a conference in San Francisco this weekend. Looking forward to it, but I still haven't done enough leg work as far as sightseeing and how were going to get around with public transportation. just hoping its not too complicated. Glad to hear from those of you who've posted. hope everyone is doin well.