Monday, March 21, 2011

Hey Ladies :)

I hope everyone has had a chance to check the dates and put in their ideas. I will list what has been decided so far, at least what I can tell from reading comments :) Please correct me if I'm wrong on something!

Head count
Katie-yes
Jill-yes
Amy-yes
Jenny M.-yes
Rachel-yes

and some Maybes from what I can tell....
Karie
Kami
Jenny Coates

Is there anyone I missed? Or that hasn't had a chance to respond and let us know they are planning to come? So 5 for sure and 3 maybes.

As for what to do :) Its is true that no matter what we do it's always fun! So some ideas that were posted were...

Massage or pampering of the like (pedi/mani etc)
Temple session
movie
cultured event

I think all of those sound great!

A movie and temple session requires minimal planning, at least at this point. So I will ask about the pampering and culture :)

I did find a cultured event the Saturday we are together. I just cut and pasted the info.

Idina Menzel and the Utah Symphony

Presented by Deer Valley Music Festival at Deer Valley Outdoor Amphitheatre

July 30, 2011

Be the first to submit a review/comment!
Add Review/Comment

Broadway powerhouse and "Glee!" favorite Idina Menzel, the Tony Award-winning "Elphaba" from international blockbuster Wicked, performs for one-night only with the Utah Symphony. With a diverse repertoire of classic pop, Broadway favorites, as well as songs from her album I Stand, India Menzel demonstrates why she is one of the great vocal performers of our time.



  • Glance" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 16px; padding-right: 16px; padding-bottom: 16px; padding-left: 16px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb(153, 153, 153); border-right-color: rgb(153, 153, 153); border-bottom-color: rgb(153, 153, 153); border-left-color: rgb(153, 153, 153); position: relative; overflow-x: visible; overflow-y: visible; display: block; ">








So let me know your vote on this event. I think it looks like fun, I am open to new things! I have never been to a symphony so I am in if it's what everyone wants to do. Looks like she was in Wicked and I know that's a fav :) Also relatively inexpensive too!

As far as the pampering....Would you like to go back to the same location? They did offer a wide variety of services and reasonable prices. If you guys want to try somewhere new, let me know and I can do some research.

Finally, Jenny do you think we can plan on staying at your Dad's again? I think everyone mentioned that they would love to stay there again if possible. I just want to make sure it's a 100% thing. Either way let me know, and I can look in to alternatives.

So excited! Please comment and let me know! Can't wait to hear from all of you!

2 comments:

The Mathews Family said...

This is great stuff Rachel! I love the idea of going to the Symphony! Idina Menzel is amazing.

I spoke with my Dad yesterday, and he has decided to put his home on the market. :( I don't think we can plan on using his house even if it doesn't sell beforehand. I'm so bummed about this - especially because I'll have the new baby and we would probably be more comfortable at the house. There might be a possibility of using his cabin, but its undergoing a major renovation and we wouldn't know if it would be usable until the date gets closer. I'm thinking we should look into other options. So sorry!

I have a Wii and the just dance 2 game. It is SOOOOO fun!! I'll bring it for sure. I vote for the movie and temple session, massage and all of it, though I'm sure with a newborn I couldn't actually do everything, I do have my sister and her daughters-in-law-to-be as babysitters. They've said they should be available to watch him for me. :)

Anyway, looking forward to everyone else's input also! And thanks again for taking this on Rachel! ((hugs))

Katie and Steve said...

I LOVE the symphony idea. This is exactly what I've been craving!!! That would be so awesome if it worked out.