Monday, May 4, 2009

Un-Birthday

I have had nine un-birthdays in a row now. I made it to 28 years old. I am bit different from last year. For one I now have huge bragging rights as I finished the Myrtle Beach Marathon back on Valentine's Day. I thought the training was going to kill me. Race day wasn't too bad but the weeks leading up to it, yuck. Anyway I never would have ran a marathon if it wasn't for the runners in this blog inspiring me. FYI: I have only gone running once since the race so I need to work on that.
Also I have become a coupon junkie. It really is sad that Monday mornings are spent pouring over the coupon blogs and making my shopping lists. I hope you are all couponing, if not couponmom.com is the best starting place.
My oldest is now out of diapers, not yet potty trained just out of diapers. So my house stinks. It also stinks because we got baby chicks. We have had them for a week now. In about four or five weeks they will be moved outside. If the smell gets too bad they will move to the garage before going outside. We only have two but so far they are really fun. We hope to get eggs by October.
That is pretty much what has changed from last year. I don't have any goals or plans for the next year, except to make some goals or plans. Any ideas?

4 comments:

The Kalcichs said...

Maggie, you did a marathon! You are awesome. Happy, Happy unbirthday! We did about a year of no diapers and not potty trained, too! Fun stuff. Good luck with your chicks!

Adam Jensen said...

Good for you Maggie! that's awesome! Happy unbirthday :) We want chickens some day too. Can't wait to hear how it works out!

hughes family said...

wow, maggie, i'm so amazed by you! GREAT job on the marathon!that is such hard training and you should feel so proud of yourself!!
hmmmm, good luck with the chicks. thats *almost* as amazing as the marathon. chickens are a lot of work, but hopefully if you get fresh eggs out of it it will be worth it!!
and good luck with the potty training. i'd have to say again, equivalent to the marathon! ha ha!
Happy birthday!!!

The Mathews Family said...

Yeah, I'd almost rather run a marathon that potty-train!! You are a busy busy girl! Congratulations and good luck with those chicks! PLEEZ let me know how that works out for you. James and I have talked about having chickens for the fresh eggs... we eat SO MANY EGGS! It would be so nice.... but I'm not sure its worth the work. So keep us posted!

Happy birthday!! I'm so glad that you posted. I feel like a tard, but honestly I completely forgot to post my birthday thing this year! DUH ;o)