Wednesday, June 3, 2009

She's here!

I thought I should finally post and report that our baby girl was born a couple of weeks ago. She is so beautiful and we are all loving her so much! Her name is Maya and she was a petite little 5lbs 11 oz when she was born. Labor was actually wonderful, it was *very* fast, but I loved the experience. I took a shower at about ten pm in anticipation of my early morning appt the next day. By 11 pm i was having contractions every few minutes and they were pretty intense. I labored at home until about 12:30 when I called my mom to come down. She lives about 45 minutes away and Jason decided there was NO way we were waiting for her to come! So we called a neighbor to come sit with the kids until my mom got here. We got to the hospital at about 1 am, and at 2 am i was going to get into the jacuzzi tub. The midwife wanted to check me quickly before I got in the tub and when she did she said I was at a ten and my baby was coming out right then! Baby Maya was born about 5 minutes later! She has brown hair, which shocked everyone, but she definitely has a sweet little Hughes face.

Things have been a little crazy around here, so I don't have any pictures off of my camera to post. When Maya was one week old, we were at a bbq and Eva hurt herself on the trampoline. (Amy, sound familiar?!!) It turns out she got a buckle fracture on her tibia. After not walking on it for a week and crying constantly, the ortho finally just said to let it heal on its own, they didn't think casting it would be beneficial at this point. So, she is starting to limp on it a little bit, and she has come to LOVE motrin and tylenol. I'm just grateful she isn't in a cast with this heat and summer approaching.
The injured 3 yr old, on top of no sleep, a husband on wards, and a newborn with the worst diaper rash i've ever seen...well, let's just say we're in survival mode around here!!!
But we're just happy our new baby is here safe and sound. She really has brought so much happiness into our family. I keep telling myself, "they grow into people!" otherwise i would go through this whole experience a hundred times!

10 comments:

Shelly and Ken said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures. I can not imagine dealing with a kid with a broken leg, a husband never around and a brand new baby. Hopefully things calm down soon.

Maggie said...

Wow your life is busy now. I can just imagine her cute little face. I would love to see her as soon as you can. Good luck with everything.

Jill said...

Congratulations!!!! That is definitely exciting, and crazy busy. Seems like when it rains it pours. I'm so glad your mom is close by to help you. I'm sure she is a beautiful baby. Good luck with everything.

Adam Jensen said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of the little brunette :) Sorry things have been so hectic. Things can only get better right? Sure wish I could see you in July!

The Kalcichs said...

Good for you, Megan! I can't wait to see a picture of your sweet little girl. I wish I was around to help out somehow. You always manage everything beautifully. Take care!

Brizzee said...

Congrats Megan. That is so fun. I really feel for you having an injured child and a baby. I don't know how I got through that. I do remmeber having to get up between seven and ten times a night. Curse those stupid tramps. Logans awful scares remind me everyday that I will never own one of those. I am sure you will be just fine because you are such a great mom. I wish you were coming to girls weekend. You still can. wink wink. Can't wait to see pics of the baby.

Britt said...

Congrats! I'm glad she arrived safe and sound. I'm sure she is darling and just the cutest little peanut! Hang in there! Survival mode lasts a while! Get some sleep if you can! Sometimes its okay for a movie to babysit your kids if it means a rested and sane mother later on!

The Mathews Family said...

Oh man I'm exhausted just reading it! But SO SO happy for you guys and your sweet new baby Maya! I'm also so happy that the delivery went well b/c that's all you'd need on top of everything else would be a nasty recovery! Well.. thanks for posting and please post a picture when you find a spare minute ;0) We'll be patient! lol

banks said...

Your amazing. I hope things have settled down a little for you. Love ya tons.

The Shelton Family said...

Isn't it amazing how much we can handle. I am learning that Women truly are God's greatest creation. There is no way men could do what we do. You are amazing...Good luck with everything.