Friday, January 8, 2010

Birthday post... a little late ;0)

I can't believe I have been so bad at posting these! Especially after "requiring" you guys to do it! What a hypocrite!

Well... Last month I turned 30! Holy Cow it feels totally ... . . . . . . .... totally . .. ..... . . . . . the same. :) I feel great, though. I'm not scared of my 30's. Not for a few years anyway! lol

So, my birthday was awesome. James really went out of his way to make me feel special, and I did! Kami took me out too and we had a great time shopping and playing with Kali- who always steals the show! My mom came down and pampered me a little too. It was awesome.

This photo was taken on my birthday. The girl on the left is my friend Millie.


So, I have some great news! I actually kept 3 out of the 4 new year's resolutions I made last year! I feel like this year I kind of have a head start! SUCH a great feeling. 2009 was a year of several personal challenges and triumphs. I started my own Bow business/ website, lost some weight, and most importantly, grew closer to my Heavenly Father. I have one main goal for 2010... don't take ANYTHING for granted. Its our last year in CA, our last year living close to my mom, close to Kami and I just feel like my life, my kids- everything is speeding by too quickly. I hope to cherish all the good moments of every day.

Our big news is that James has been assigned duty as a doctor on the USS Nimitz- an aircraft carrier out of....... SAN DIEGO!


Well, I should say, it will be in SD for a while. The Nimitz is scheduled for a 12-18 month dry dock period beginning in 2011. It will dock in Bremerton Washington and we'll go with it! We are looking forward to that exciting new experience! Washington state has always attracted me in lots of ways. I'm excited to see if it'll meet my expecatations. ;-)

I wanted to talk a little about the next girl's weekend. As we left the last one, there didn't seem to be a real concensus of what to do about this next one. Its going to be a Summer of transition for many of us who are starting new jobs or military positions. I think I would just like some feedback on what to do. Does someone just want to volunteer to plan and organize it? Kami has said she would do it here in SD again, if people were interested. I haven't asked him, but I think my dad would be willing to let us use his house in SLC again. Does anyone else have an opinion? It would be nice for whoever does take this on to have time to put into planning. Does everyone now know where they'll be next July? Do we still want to do it in July?

PLEASE, if you read this, post your opinion. It helps to know where everyone stands. We want as many people to come as can! Its too fun to miss out on! :)

BY THE WAY! Thanks to AMY for the cool T-shirts! I'm going to post a picture of mine soon.

~Jenny

5 comments:

hughes family said...

jenny,
happy b-day (again)!! i'm glad it was a great day for you! fun to see a picture of you and kami together. HORRAY!! yay for your assignment!! so you'll be in SD for another year or so and then to WA for a year or more? how GREAT!! SO much better than some of the other options... you will love the NW. its grey and rainy a lot, but its SO beautiful as a result! there is so much to do up there. it will be very different from so. cal, but hopefully it will be a nice change for a short time.
as for girls trip this year, i'm not sure. we don't know when we'll move yet. jason doesn't finish until the last day of june, and i suspect we'll have to move very soon after. but, i don't have solid plans yet.

Jill said...

Jenny Happy late birthday. I am happy for you that you know where your going and excited about it.
I know we're staying here, but what the job will be is not solid yet. I am good with anything, already looking forward to another sweet girls weekend and shirt!

Maggie said...

We will be staying put this summer too. But I am waiting until I don't have to be frugal to go on the girl's weekend. Have fun!! I love hearing all about it.

The Shelton Family said...

I would love to host a girl's weekend but I have no idea where I will be right now. There is a chance Trent WON'T be deployed but as of right now he will be gone from may to oct and i will leave and go where ever I want. So, I plan on coming if I can but don't know exactly if I will be in Denver, UT, ID, or OR at the time. Sounds like lots of people are moving in June or July so that might be tricky timing but I will try my hardest to be there; however, I will have a three or four month old!!!SORRY.

The Kalcichs said...

Sorry I missed this, Jenny! What a fun birthday! I'm sending some really late birthday wishes your way! I have no opinion about the girls weekend except that I hope I get to come!
-Ann