Wednesday, December 5, 2007

We are all safe!

Thanks for everyones concern! We are all at home tonight watching the news as well and absolutely shocked that this is happening in little omaha! We thought that we moved away from big city crime. I haven't checked with any other midwestern students yet though. I just heard about this myself. I will let you all know if anyone we know was involved. Pretty scary though! The guy lives in Bellevue, where we live, and it could have just as easily happened while we were out and about here in town. I just feel very blessed and I know that the Lord is watching out for all of us. Moments like this make me very thankful for the power of prayer and that as we kneel as a family and ask for safety we really are protected and guided. Anyway, sorry to go on, thanks again for the posts and concerns.
Joni

3 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

So glad you are safe! What a scary thing!!!

The Mathews Family said...

K - I don't watch the news at all because of stuff like this! I just read about it online and HOW SCARY! I'm so glad you are okay. Now I have to go call my cousin and make sure she's okay!!!!

Maggie said...

I thought of you as soon as I heard the news. I sat there thinking, "Is Joni the type to take all her kids shopping at the mall?" I am so glad that you are safe. What a horrible thing to happen to your community. Suicide is the easy way out for these losers. I hope that when they die Joseph Smith or maybe Brigham Young gets to beat them with a switch. Probably Joseph is too kind. I don't know about Brigham though he seems like a wild man to me.