Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Everyone wants my recipes!!

Okay so no one is actually beating on my door for recipes but I keep getting these recipe email chains. For some unknown reason I am incapable of keeping these things going. But I do want recipes and I don't mind giving out mine. So here is my new favorite recipe. Actually I am getting tired of it and I need something new so everyone please post your favorite recipe of the moment, any type of recipe. Can't wait to see what you like cooking.

Super Good Egg Salad

7 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
¾ cup chopped celery
¼ cup chopped sweet pickles (such as sweet gherkins)
Sprinkle of basil
If you like onions add 3 tablespoons of a sweet onion or ½ cup green onions or both
Preparation
Cut eggs into 1/2-inch pieces. (or omit two yolks to be healthier)
Whisk mayonnaise and mustard in medium bowl to blend. Add chopped eggs, celery, sweet pickles, and basil. Stir gently to blend. Season egg salad to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Serve on any type of bread or just eat as is.

I love to eat this with kettle-cooked potato chips. Makes about 6 servings.

1 comment:

The Mathews Family said...

That looks delicious! Maybe I'll make that tomorrow.... it's sort of a Sunday-ish kind of thing, right? :) Thanks for sharing!