Saturday, September 20, 2008

The newest addition...

Alisa Simone Healey
September 12
6 lbs 12 oz
18 1/2"










So sweet and snuggly! Already has daddy wrapped! Her sisters new favorite toy!


Hi everyone! She is here!!! Alisa (pronounced A-lisa not Allyssa) was born on friday and is doing fantastic. She is such a sweet little baby and we all have spent the last week adoring her. Labor and delivery was cinchy and I am feeling fabulous! I started contracting on sept 11th and since labor happens rapidly for me my doctor was tracking me pretty closely (it helps that we have an inside connection and she is also one of austin's attendings.) She checked me on the 11th and I had dialated from the day before so she had austin check me every two hours until I reached a 4 or my water broke. (They cant start any induction or admit to the hospital here unless you are 39 weeks or in active labor. So since I was 37 and 5 we had to work the system.) Once I reached a 4 we all went up to the hospital and they checked me and then had me walk around the hospital for an hour to dialate me enough that they could say that I was in active labor and then break my water and let it go from there. So I was determined to make that hour count so Austin and I ran stairs for the hour and I came back at a 6 so they were able to break my water and let me go. It still took 5 hours once they broke my water which for me was really weird. I was so bored!!! Once I completed she was out in one push. I felt great!!! The next day however my calves hurt like crazy from running stairs but other than that I felt better than I had for months! The girls love her to pieces and are so gentle with her. Even Hope has been so soft with her and is sure to inform me immediately if Ali starts crying. It has been a fun week. She is sleeping pretty well and will go for 3-4 hour stretches (so I am still getting far more sleep than I was when I was up all night with heartburn!) So anyway, Sorry for not updating sooner, our primary program is tomorrow and so I have been busy this week preparing for that and for family to come into town. I'll post more picts when I have updated ones. Good luck now to all of you who are about to have your babies. I know all of you are pretty close!


11 comments:

hughes family said...

congrats joni!! she looks beautiful, a great addition to your little family of girls!! glad things went well, and that you got a great work out before labor went full force! ha ha! thats a funny story. Enjoy your time with that sweet baby! congratulations!
megan

The Kalcichs said...

Another beautiful Healey girl! You and Austin do good work! I am so glad that labor and delivery went well and that your family is adjusting! You are such an inspiration to me. Take it easy - if that's possible with five kids. Holy Cow: five kids! Congratulations!

The Mathews Family said...

Seriously... that is SO AMAZING to me. FIVE KIDS before you're 30! Kudos Joni!

She's absolutely beautiful! What'd we expect, right? ;0) My heart goes out to you and Austin and the craziness of family and residency and PRIMARY! Wow.. you ARE an inspiration. Take care of yourself!

(((HUGS))))

Jonathan & Rachel said...

OHHH congratulations!!! You make me want another already! I love the name...so sweet!! We are so excited for you guys! I'm glad labor was so easy-except for the waiting (not a usual for you!)! We'll be thinking about you guys-post new pictures soon-they change so quickly! Our primary program is tomorrow also-so fun!!!

Kami Banks said...

Congrats! I am so happy and she looks so sweet and precious. I am glad you are all doing well. I hope the primary program goes well. Loves

Adam Jensen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She is beautiful. I am so glad Labor was such a cinch :) I can't believe you RAN stairs, no way I could do that! I have noticed a difference my last pregnancy that it is nice to have and "inside" man :) hurray for a family of girls!!!

Brizzee said...

Joni congrats. It is about time you show your words around here. We have all been wondering about you. I guess being pregnant and having four kids on top of that makes it a little hard to do much else. My labor experience was so awesome because Dave knew everyone at the hospital and our favorite nurses were on that night. It makes such a difference when you know everyone. They really rolled out the red carpet for me. Hey five hours is still not bad huh. I was at an eight when I got to the hospital and it still took me five hours. It is true hearing about new babies almost makes me want to have another. ALMOST! Mine is huge already. Congrats again, I can't believe you have five. What a mom you are. Some days I feel like I can't spread myself any thinner and I only have three. Take care.

Maggie said...

Joni,
She is a little cutie. I am glad that things went so well for you. I can't beleive you ran stairs. They should have admitted you without you running or walking. What a crazy hospital policy. Take it easy or atleast try to.

Britt said...

Congrats! Joni! What a great addition to your beautiful family! I'm sure Austin is so proud! It takes a really special guy to be surrounded by such lovely little girls. I'm a bit in shock about the whole running stairs thing as well. I would've guessed maybe some curb walking, but STAIRS! Wow! Hope your recovery continues to go really well and enjoy the help from your family!

Jill said...

Congratulations Joni. I am so excited for you guys, there is just something so wonderful about a new baby in the home. I'm sure your girls all feel it too.
Love the name that is so cute. She definitely looks beautiful. Make sure you take it easy and don't try to do it all. Defintely post more when you can, would love to see all your growing girls. again glad you posted.

The Shelton Family said...

Joni,
so happy to here from you. congrats...yes you are STILL amazing. You are going to have the cutest family ever....okay, you already do but I have a feeling its not complete yet. Good luck managing and have you bought the suburban yet????