Sunday, March 8, 2009

Girls weekend possiblities if we go with Utah

Seeing that we might be changing our location to Utah, I did some phone calling and this is what I have discovered so far. About the resort option from my sister in law. (see comment in the last Post if you have no idea what I am talking about) There is a resort in midway (by park city) with a pool, kitchen, Grill, etc. A 2 bedroom sleeps 6 and for a 3 day thurs fri sat stay it would cost us about $360. She said she stayed there and thought it was really nice. In Ogden canyon, a little more than 40 min out of downtown SLC there is another resort but the 2 bedroom fits 8-10 people and it is a little older so it is slightly less expensive more like $350 with cleaning fee which she said was around $5o. These book up extremely fast so we would have to move pretty quick and figure out how many of us are going. My mother in law gave me some #'s to people with cabins that I will call. She also lives right next to the provo temple in a beautiful home and offered that if we want, we are welcome to all stay at her house. Only she and dad live there now and so there are plenty of beds, bedrooms, bathrooms, and there is a separate basement apartment with a kitchen, big screen tv, pool table, patio, etc that we could use for our partying. Bonus, its free. (And my in-laws are cool and would love us being there) Downside, no pool. However, there are lots of pools and waterparks nearby. So if we find we are pinching pennies, (or want to spend our money on shopping and eating out) this might be an option. I will find out more about the cabins also so we have stuff to choose from if we choose to change our destination to Utah.

4 comments:

Adam Jensen said...

I am really OK with whatever. I am not picky. I just want to set a date for sure so I can buy a ticket. Last I checked it was $39 to SLC from denver so I wanted to jump on it. Maybe we could put up a poll for which weekend would work....
I hate to not give any input on the place but I really don't care where we stay as long as my kids aren't there :) I mean I love my kids, but I need a BREAK :)

The Mathews Family said...

I hear ya Rachel. I'm thinking second weekend in July. I don't see why I made it the third weekend, other than it was Amy's birthday the second weekend, but its Kami's birthday the third weekend, so we can't plan around that, I guess. I'll try to get a hold of Amy today.

I think it might give us more options if we were in the SLC area or close to.. I thought getting theater tickets might be fun? Anyway, I'm cool with a cabin, or even a hotel? That sounds kinda nice... one with a good spa nearby? ;0) Whatever you decide will be cool Amy- PROMISE :)

. said...

Originally, we did have down the third weekend unless someone has changed it. I have a family reunion in vegas the fourth weekend so I am still gunning for the third weekend. I am fine with whatever but I am all about staying somewhere cheap or free if it is nice because I would rather spend my money on a theatre production, out to eat or whatever. If we plan on spending most of our time out and about, I'd rather not spend a ton on housing, but if we are going to be just hanging out in a cabin or somewhere more remote then paying more for comfort is well worth it. I've stayed in some park city condo's and they are really small...not somewhere I would want to be all day. Anyway, that is my input. Happy planning.

Jill said...

hey girls, im good with either, but i'm with rachel, airfare has never been cheaper. so it would be good to book it as soon as we can for those of us who are flying. i can't wait.