Monday, October 20, 2008

PS we have made a change...


So after 9 months pouring over baby name books looking for a
name for our baby we finally agree on the name Alisa right? Wrong! We brought her home and the name just didn't fit her. We all had a hard time with the name and my biggest fear with the name Alisa was that she would forever be correcting everyone on her name because it is too close to Allysa and that name is very popular right now. So when the name just wasn't fitting and in her few weeks of life not one person pronounced her name correctly (including grandparents!) we were in rather a delema (if that is how you spell that!) I didn't want the child to have an identity issue throughout life and Austin wanted to be able to call her something besides "the baby" so we began hunting again and we both fell in love with the name Ashlyn. (which means "a dream or a vision" in Gaelic for those of you that like meanings of names.) Oddly enough, we never even came across Ashlyn in our nine months of searching (although it is in the baby name book, I double checked.) So we went ahead and resubmited the birth certificate and she is officially Ashlyn Simone Healey. I just thought I would let you all know so if I mention Ashlyn you wont all think that we had baby girl Healey number 6 already. However we had better start picking out names now if we ever want to name that baby! Anyway, Ashlyn is super sweet and we all love her to pieces. She has had a bad run of colic and thrush over the last several weeks though and has felt rather miserable. So needless to say, this is the first moment that I have had to post for awhile. Have any of you dealt with thrush before??? I have some questions if you have! Anyway, Congrats to Britt, Ann, and Jill on your sweet new arrivals! It is fun to see so many little boys with awesome moms comming into this world. It gives me great hope that my daughters will find wonderful, righteous husbands to marry someday!








8 comments:

Maggie said...

I love the new name. It must have been pretty frustrating to have everyone mispronouce Alisa. I am glad that you found the right name and that it fits. I don't know anything about thrush so I can't help you there. Good luck.

Jill said...

Joni, she is so cute, I love all that hair. Ashlyn is such a pretty name, glad that you are happy with the name now. One of mine had thrush but I just vaguely remember putting on some sort of ointment on me, not sure. Glad things are going well. I'll post more pics soon of our new boy.

Brizzee said...

Logan got thrush when he was about six months or so. I remember putting some drops in his mouth a few times a day. He actually dealt with it really well. Congrats on the name. You guys are brave. I kindof felt that way with Ethan. Dave and I both had to adjust to him being named that. At the hospital everyone was calling him baby Ethan and we I thought to myself it didn't really feel right. One thing that helped me through it was hearing Paige call him Efan Dabid. It has grown on me a lot and he is now definatly an Ethan.

Jonathan & Rachel said...

I love the name! I loved Alisa also, but I'm sure I would be one to mispronounce it..I always am doing things like that! She is beautiful!

Adam Jensen said...

What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl! funny story too :)

The Mathews Family said...

I love the name too!! She is just beautimus Joni!! What an angel!

Jenny Coates dealt with Thrush. It was awful. I know she had to put some stuff on her nipples and treat Ethan as well- drops or something. Her email address is JDBCOATES@HOTMAIL.COM

Good luck with everything! (((HUGS)))

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Oh yeah...Austin and Isabel had thrush-I have mixed oppinions on the treatments-I've tried 2 ways?? Email me if you still need any advice-it's a HUGE pain!

The Shelton Family said...

Joni,
sooooo cute. I love that name. Do you mind if we steal it if we have another girl. Love it love it!!!