Monday, November 9, 2009

DeMill's Halloween

We had a great Halloween. Emery was a pumpkin. Addie was a witch. Dashle was a boy with an AWESOME bat hat that he refused to wear so instead he was a Cougar Fan. Coy was Baby Dracula. They were all very cute! We live in a great neighborhood where everyone hangs out in their driveways so the kids don't have to walk up to the doors and knock. We also live next to some pretty great neighbors who have adopted our kids as surrogate grandchildren. Out here we have what is called "Beggar's Night" if Halloween falls on the weekend. So our kids trick-o-treated on the 29th instead of the 31st. I agree with the idea. It keeps our children safe. Besides that, Thursday night was a lovely evening and Saturday, the 31st, was windy, rainy, and very cold. I must be getting old. I care too much about the weather.

Shyler loved me enough to don the bat hat since I made it and Dashle wouldn't wear it.

This is my pumpkin costume my mom made decades ago. Still pretty cute especially on Emery.

The best kind of fangs are baby ones!


Hope everyone had a great October! We created a lot of fun family memories and traditions. Can't wait for November and December family fun!

2 comments:

Adam Jensen said...

I love the baby fangs :)

The Mathews Family said...

Thanks for sharing Britt! I hear ya about the weather thing. I think we've been warm for way too long now. The cold is almost unbearable now!

Your kids are scrumptious!!