Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Long Time No Write







So I have to start by apologizing. I have not posted for ever so I thought I would send some pictures to show what I have been up to the past few months. Life sure has been crazy. I can't believe it is January and I am just now getting my halloween pictures up. Halloween in Idaho is a lot different in Idaho than in Arizona. My kids froze. The picutres of Hawaii I don't send to make anyone jealous (well okay maybe a little) but to entice everyone that we need to have a reunion there! We are already ready to go back. Dave says he needs a vacation just so he can sit and read a book. Then the pictures of Christmas are everyones Christmas card. I am so bad at that. I really enjoyed getting everyones cards though. They are all so cute. Anyway, life the past month has been insane. Dave is in Boise for two months. It is the stupidest thing ever. Pocatello pediatricians have made some deal with University of Washington and some other school to let them precept the med students so the residency has to go to Boise for two months for their rotations. They put them up in an apartment. It wouldn't be so bad accept Dave left December 16th. He had to be on call Christmas Day. It was really hard. Plus I work in Idaho Falls so it is hard for me to go there. We miss him so much. The kids say everyday they wish dad didn't have to work anymore. So Dave came for a week or so, came home the 22nd, and had to leave christmas eve to drive back to Boise to work Christmas day. It was hard for him. We finally made it over here on thursday to stay for a week. Then we go home for two weeks and come back for one more. We will be so happy when this is all over. I haven't slept in my own bed since christmas eve. I am ready to be done living out of a suit case.

Anyway besides the chaos, life really is going good. The kids are growing fast. Anyway, glad to hear about everyone. Karie your baby is so cute. I am excited for everyone with their new babies and the ones coming. By the way we are having a boy. YEEEAAAAHHh! I am very excited for that. My sister is having a girl, she is due like four days before me so we have a lot to look forward to. Hope all is well.


Amy

7 comments:

Joni said...

Way cute pictures Amy! I cant believe how big Paige is! Both of your kids have grown a ton since we last saw them. I am sorry Dave has been away. That stinks! Even though they are gone all the time, it is still way easier having them in the same city where there is a slight chance you might see them. I hope this passes quickly for you!
Congrats on the boy! How fun! Have you picked out a name? When are you due anyway? Anyway, best of luck!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Oh it is so great to hear from you! Your pictures are so cute and your kids have gotten so big-I just can't believe it!! I am so, so sorry about Dave being gone-I just can't imagine! I bet he is also dying. You guys definately deserve to go back to Hawaii when this is all over! I'm so excited that you are having a BOY!!! Congratulations-I bet Logan is thrilled! Keep us updated on your life and good luck with everything-we'll be thinking of you!

banks said...

Good to hear from you. Christy told me Dave had a rough schedule. Sorry. Congrats on the boy. Kami

The Mathews Family said...

Yeah Amy! I'm happy you're having a boy :) Sorry to hear about Dave's job - that really is stupid! So glad things are going well and I'm all for the reunion in Hawaii!! Just tell me when and we're there!

Jill said...

Amy I was just wondering how you guys were doing especially over the holidays. I hear you about Hawaii, We have a hawaii calendar on our Fridge and it makes me think of our trips there all the time. Good luck with the rest of this rotation. Congratulations on the boy. Jill

Shelly and Ken said...

Great to hear from you. Sorry about living out of a suitcase. I was getting bummed about how much Ken has had to work lately (on call 3 times in the last week!) but at least he is home and we don't have to live out of a suitcase, which is always so hard. So this is a weird question. we are needing to repaint our entryway in our house and I was wondering what color are your walls in the picture with your kids in their Halloween costumes?

Maggie said...

Bummer about being uprooted. But I like the picture of you in front of the waterfall. I can't help but wonder why Jill can't keep her husband out of other people's picture. I think it is so funny that Jeremy is standing there and even looking at the camera. Men!