Thursday, January 31, 2008

It was my Happy Birthday on the 29th

Well, it was my Happy Birthday on Tuesday. I am now 30! I am really ok with it. Rhett and I have been married for 8 1/2 years. We met in Memphis, TN in 1998 after I graduated Rick's College and he had completed 1 semester of undergrad at Univ. of Memphis. So needless to say we have been through 8 yrs of school and now residency. We waited a few years to have our own little humans but alas trouble entered our lives. Hayden Blake is 5 and so ready for school. He is all boy and is so social. He had a really hard time with the move but loves it here now. Samantha Rae is 2. She was our little premie born during med school. She was so tiny, but she caught up so fast. She thinks she is as old has her brother. They are just starting to play together...thank goodness. I work for an internet co. from my computer at home. I have worked for them 4 1/2 years. It has been a great way to supplement the loans and resident's salary. I just work a couple of hours a day so not bad. I also translate foreign languages for other people. Just my 2 yr old to the rest of the world!

Let's see.....Things I love
The BEACH
Oh wait...I should say my husband and family 1st right?
Ok... I really love them too...
I love and miss the sunshine...it really makes me happy. I grew up in Texas so Arizona was not an adjustment for me. Ohio on the other hand is freezing!
I love watching movies and sipping hot chocolate.
I love CHOCOLATE (who doesn't)
I love for there to be good shows on when my husband is on call! Bring on LOST tonight! Hooray!
I love getting a bargain on things. Double coupons are fabulous!
I really just like the simple things in life. nature...my kidos laughing...husband doing the dishes...oh wait....that was my dream crossing over!

DREAMS that can be reality someday!
paying off all of our student loans and house and being debt free.
replacing all of the handme down furniture and get grown up stuff.
living close to the beach so I can take walks everyday on it.
surviving residency! :)



9 comments:

The Kalcichs said...

Happy Birthday, Dora! I love that picture of your family. I read today that 40 is the new 30. I guess that makes 30 the new 20. So it's like you're turning 20. Either way, you look great. I hope you had a good day and that all of your wildest dreams do come true!
-Ann

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Dora!!! I'm turning the big 3-0 in May-I hope I ease into it as well as you!! Your post was fun to read...funny how all of your dreams are mine also! Hope you had a great day!!

Adam Jensen said...

Happy birthday Dora!!! I didn't know your son was named Hayden :) I guess I didn't pay enough attention... but I am glad he was happy to see some one else with his name. Hope you had a great bday.
Rachel j

banks said...

Dora,
Happy Birthday! Thanks for your post. It was fun learning more about you. Your family picture is so cute. I hope you had a great day, and if your lucky maybe you are still celebrating. Kami

The Mathews Family said...

Hey Dora!

Thanks for posting! I'm so glad you did - it was awesome reading all about you :) I love it when there is something great on TV when James is on call - makes it much more bearable. Lost was pretty good eh? I am still confused, but hoping that the coming weeks will be informative. I hope you had a fantastic birthday and that someday you get to take daily walks on the beach!

Shelly and Ken said...

Happy Birthday! Ohio is definitely cold. I am really missing Arizona right now. Espcially when I read blogs from friends still in AZ enjoying the sun while we are stuck inside and school is canceled due to cold and snow. Hope you have a great birthday.
Shelly

Joni said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday and you at least got a glimmer of sunshine on your birthday! I am with you on missing good old warm AZ. At least we still have Hot Chocolate!!! Two of the greatest words on earth put together!!! Happy birthday again!

Jill said...

Dora hope you had a good birthday. It was great to hear from you. Crazy how we are all so similar. Chocolate and good tv shows pretty much sums it up for me too. Jill

Maggie said...

Dora, Happy birthday to you!! I am glad to hear that things are going so well for you. I would love to take those beach walks with you. I think I would be happy everyday forever if I could live right by the beach. We must live by each other. And then get together to watch Lost. I am so excited to see whatelse this new season brings. I am hoping there is a resurrection power on the island to bring back Charlie and Echo. Anyway sorry to go on about me but Happy Birthday again.