Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter, Broken arm season, and Isn't pregnancy uncomfortable enough?









So things have been eventful for us as well. Last week on friday, Logan fell off a keyboard bench and must have braced himself wrong and broke both bones in his wrist. Like Jenny I too thought it was just a sprain and I didn't take him in until saturday. He really did well, but he was milking his injury and wouldn't really use his right arm, so we decided to take him in. I didn't believe Dave when he told me that he broke it. But sure enough we looked at the x-ray and he broke both bones. On top of that he had the nasty flu, he got it on sunday and had it for like eight days. It was sad to see Logan so helpless and lifeless.

Easter was fun. It was the only other holiday that Dave has had off accept for new years, including birthdays and our aniversary. Our pictures aren't very good. You can't even see Logans face. They are quite a contrast from Jenny's gorgeous sunny pictures. It is gray and gloomy here still. The sun shows his face once in awhile. The snow is almost gone but the dirty leftovers still remain. It makes me miss Arizona really bad. We would be starting to get in our pool by now.

And last can there really be such a horrible affliction for pregnant women? About three weeks ago I got this crazy rash. It started lightly on my belly and didn't icht. By day three it had spred everywhere and was on fire. I thought it was a reaction to some antibiotics I was taking for a sinus infection, but Dave diagnosed me with Puppp (puritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy. try saying that ten times fast.) I was really hoping that Dave had no idea what he was talking about, because he informed me that I could have it until I deliver. I was thirty one weeks at the time. So he was on labor and delivery call so he had me come in so they could look at it. Sure enough he had nailed it right on the head. As soon as they told me I started to cry. I didn't know how I was going to bear that for nine more weeks. It itched so bad. So they prescribed me an oral steriod. It took about a week but it cleared it almost all the way up. I was so relieved, but it was only a six day dose and they don't like to repeat it, and now that it is all out of my system it is coming back. I am only thirty four weeks so I have a while to endure it. I guess only one in three to four hundred pregnant women get this. Didn't I hit the lucky jackpot. So needless to say it is pretty exausting around here. Hope all is well with everyone.

Amy

5 comments:

The Kalcichs said...

Oh, Amy. Your face in that picture just sums up how you must be feeling. That is so sad. You must be dieing or wishing you were dead. I am so sorry that it didn't clear up all the way. It sounds like you guys have had it rough. Hang in there and good luck with everything. I'm sure this just makes you so much more anxious to deliver. I'm so sorry!

Jill said...

Amy your poor belly just looks like it hurts. I am so sorry.
-Its crazy how resiliant kids bodies can be and then somtimes they fall just right and break a bone. Ella didn't even fall off the tramp when she broke her arm. It was all in how she landed.
I hope it doesn't get any more eventful, before your baby comes. good luck with everything.

Shelly said...

I am so sorry about your rash! My friend had the samething and I know it can be quite unpleasant. They ended up delivering her early cause she said she was done (the rash just got old). I hope you can find relief. You poor thing! I too am missing the AZ sun we got snow tonight! Can you believe it! It is enough snow that I will have to shovel in the morning.

The Mathews Family said...

OH AMY! That sounds just miserable! I'm so so so sorry girl!! Pregnancy is definitely enough! You don't need some horrible rash on top of that!

I can't believe that Dillon and Logan broke their arms on the same day! I'll have to tell him that- he'll think that's great :)

Thanks for the update... I wish there was something we could do for you!! :( You poor thing. Hang in there and maybe at least the sun will come out soon and you can get Spring finally! HUGS!

Maggie said...

I hope you are feeling better. How miserable to be itchy on top of pregnancy. Let's hope that April is a better month for you.