Monday, May 12, 2008

Can You Believe It!!!!!!



So check out my two new borns. Yes Logan just got a cast off about four weeks ago, and he decided he missed a broken bone so bad that he went and broke another one. So on thursday my sister and brother in law were here, and they thought it would be nice if they took the kids outside to play. Well I guess they got on my neighbors tramp (I was getting out of the shower) and my brother in law was wrestling with Logan and went to trip him and Logan fell just right on his leg and snapped his femur bone. My brother in law ran him in the house cradled in his arms and looked and me and said "I think he broke it. I heard a snap" I was horrified. So I called Dave at the hospital and he told me to bring him in for an x-ray. I knew it was broken because he was in excrutiating pain. We had to carry him in the car and hold him like a baby. Long story short we had to stay in the hospital overnight because they were hoping his leg would lengthen so they wouldn't have to do surgery. It didn't, it was shorten about four centimeters so they had to do surgery. They put in an external fixator. Those pins stick out of his leg like five inches. He is doing really well though. He is going to go crazy. He can't walk for six weeks. So needless to say come july I am really going to need that girls trip. I booked my flight as well. I don't get in until 10:45 on friday. Sorry I would have done it earlier but then I would have had to leave my house at 4 in the morning, and I will have Ethan with me. Please tell me I won't be the only one with a baby there. Anyway, I can't wait to see everyone. I will feel so free (accept for that little one attatched to my boob). See ya all soon.

13 comments:

Jill said...

Amy I can't believe he broke another bone. That is just like Ella's arm, she was tripped and landed just right, poor Logan. Ella can relate. She always told us we didn't know how it felt because none of us had ever broken a bone. I feel for you Amy, hope you hand in there. Can't wait to see you in July.

Maggie said...

That is terrible that he broke another bone. I can only imagine the pain he must have been going through. Poor guy. Good luck taking care of all your little ones.

The Mathews Family said...

WHAT!!!!! AMy the poor thing! YOU POOR THING!! What a nightmare! Dillon just got his casts off and I am ultra paranoid he'll brake another bone, but this is just unreal- and just in time for summer and all the summer activities :( What a bummer. At least he's not in school- I can't imagine how that would work.

Anyway, I'm glad you got your ticket booked. 10:45 is not big deal I promise. We're just so happy you're coming and that your baby is too! Karie and I will have babies too. Wish there was something I could do to help you guys!! HUGS :)

The Mathews Family said...

Anyone hear how things went for Rachel M.?

Jill said...

Just got on my email this morning, Jon sent Jeremy a message. They had her on 9/9 around 2pm I think. He said how much she weighed but I can't remember, 7lb5?. Her name is Isabel Eve and he said they are both doing great.

Jill said...

Okay I think I am still asleep,of course they didn't have her on 9/9,that was her apgar scores. They had her on the 12th, and middle name is Eva. looks like Jon posted on the blog with pictures.

Adam Jensen said...

oh Amy! So sad. poor Logan. I am so afraid of trampolines. my neighbor's kids all have a chipped tooth or two from their trampoline! I am so sorry! hope he heals and gets better fast.

The Mathews Family said...

I just showed these to Dillon and he is totally convinced that trampolines are a no no. At least some good came out of it ;) He says to tell Logan "I hope it doesn't hurt you too bad!"

hughes family said...

oh my goodness, amy!! i'm so sorry you have to go through this! yikes. poor logan. i can't IMAGINE either of my boys not being able to walk for 6 weeks!!! yes, you will definitely be due for a vacation!!! when i worked at shriners we had kids with ext. fixators all the time and they are really not fun! i can't imagine it on my own kid! hope the next 6 wks goes REALLY fast for you guys!

oh and congrats to john and rachel!! i have to say, i LOVE both those names! :)

Shelly said...

I can't believe he broke his femur! Poor thing doesn't want to let go of those casts. I hear the femur is really painful to break...poor kid. I pray for your sake that the 6 weeks goes quickly.

The Shelton Family said...

Dude Amy, that sucks!!! I am sooo sorry. I don't know if it is worse for you or for him. Man, I can't imagine.
I am so excited to see you. I'll have Amelia.
Good luck with the next few weeks. PS...we're still waiting for orders.

Katie and Steve said...

Amy, I can't believe that happened. I almost started crying for the both of you. Poor Logan. I bet your brother in law felt horrible.
After I had Nathan, Shaun broke his leg 2 weeks later, then Steve left for an away rotation for a month. I totally know your pain, and just know that I lived through that, so I can live through anything. Good Luck.

The Kalcichs said...

In the words or my kids, "That's not fair." Seriously, I can't believe you have a newborn and have to go through all the trauma of another break! I wish we were around to help out. Hang in there!