Friday, May 16, 2008

Katie gave me a WICKED idea ;)

Hi there!

It's wicked hot here today. ICK! I thought we escaped the heat!! :(

Anyway, Katie has given me a very wicked idea... Would any of you ladies coming for the getaway like to see the musical WICKED? I have seen it and it is UNBELIEVABLY awesome. The tickets are pretty expensive, but way worth it I promise! Its at a theater in Los Angeles called the Pantages on Hollywood blvd- so there's a lot to see there as well. It's probably the cleanest (no foul language or sex) production that has been produced in the last 50 years, and its just an unforgettable experience.


Here's what I found out: tickets are available for every night that
weekend at a range of 32.50- 95.50. Showtimes are Friday at 8:00 PM,
Saturday at 2:00 PM and 8:00 PM, Sunday at 1:00 PM and 6:30 PM.

The downside is that its in LA and we can't take the babies. I don't think we'd have trouble finding babysitters, but it would be for quite a while. Amy, I especially thought this might be tough for you. Ethan will be, what, 10 weeks or something? I thought about asking my mom to come down and babysit.

I think going to Wicked would be the PERFECT icing on our getaway CAKE, but I don't want to assume that you all feel the same :) Let me know what you all think about that idea. I know tickets are harder to get (especially the cheaper ones) the longer we wait.
>

3 comments:

banks said...

I have already told Jenny, but for everyone else I would love to go. If that is what everyone wants than I say lets go, and if not I will get together with Jenny some time here and we'll go. I am getting super excited for our girls weekend. Love ya all. Kami

hughes family said...

i'd love to go if it worked for everyone! i think it sounds awesome and i've heard great things about it. but...i don't have a baby--so those with babes will have to weigh in. but i'd love it!
meg

Jill said...

Same for me, I don't have a baby so it is easy for me to say I would love to go. Ditto what Megan said.