Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I HATE CALL!

Okay, well Steve went in yesterday morning at 5am, and was on call, so I was expecting him home this morning. Well, It kept getting later and later in the day, and I finally got a hold of him at 4, and he said he would be home at 7. That is a freaking 38 hours at the hospital, taking people's lives in his hands. First of all that is totally illegal, and secondly, I just hate call. Actually, he was the one that offered to stay, because someone's mom just found out she has cancer, and so there was only one other resident on. I guess he knows how to make friends at the top (not necissarily his wife though. LOL)

Anyway, I am very excited for a busy Halloween tomorrow, and want everyone to post pictures of their kids. We miss you guys so much, and love to be able to stay connected. Love you all,

Katie

6 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Oh we feel for you!!! This whole first year thing is the pits. I told Jonathan that graduating med school was the biggest crock-here I thought we'd made it through...not so my friend! Luckily we've got an easy month in November (only a few days left). And one of the awesome residents in Jon's class offered to cover for him for a few hours so he could go Trick-or-Treating with his kids. Can you even believe how nice people are!!! I about balled with happiness that someone would be so thoughtful-ok I did cry like a baby!! Anyway, you guys look so great! Can't wait to see everyone's costumes-I love Halloween!!!!

Rachel said...

Amen. That is all I have to say :)

banks said...

Ditto the whole call thing. Happy Halloween to all of you. I am going to miss our Midwestern carnival. I am excited to see all the pictures of everyone's children. Miss you all. Kami

The Mathews Family said...

I so feel your pain Katie! James doesn't ever offer to do anyone any favors, but still ends up working way more hours than he's supposed to. I think the hospital here does a poor job of scheduling people, cuz every week it seems like he ends up having to cover some service that is under-staffed. :( He went in yesterday at 5am and I'm still waiting for him to get home and it's almost 1:00pm. Plus, his one day off this week, he has to go in for a test - a 4 hour test :(

I too am missing the cute MWU halloween carnival! I'm sure once Easter comes around, I'll miss the egg hunt too. We should make it a mandatory "post pictures of the kids" every Easter and Halloween, what do ya'll think?

Shelly and Ken said...

Rachel, I totally agree with your comment. I thought 'Yeah we graduated medical school. We did it! We survived!' Little did I know that it was just beginning. I'm just hoping things get better after this first year.

AnnMarie said...

Rachel, I think you have a good excuse for crying like a baby, just blame it on the baby :0)

As for the transitional year, I'm lovi'n it, but it may just be that Andersen is doing anestisia this month and is home by 2pm every day. I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune next month when he is on night float.