Friday, October 19, 2007

Party Time

Looks like everyone is busy. I have been gone for a couple weeks and expected to see more posts when I got back. Congratulations Rachel!!! I have only 8 weeks to go before this little girl changes our lives...I think I am getting excited but still nervous. Lane gets pretty jealous when another child has my attention. Anyway, still lovin' Colorado. I just got home from Cody, Wyoming where my grandpa passed away at age 92. It was a great family reunion and service. Definitely fun for the boys as they get totally spoiled by my family and so do I because I can get my little sisters to change all the diapers. Brayden and Lane have constant entertainment so I get a break that way too. Trent is on his last day before he takes a week long vacation. He is so excited...thus the heading PARTY TIME. We got lucky and Trent gets Christmas off (and T-day) I guess they do a lottery between the 12 interns and 6 get the week of Christmas and the others get the week of New Years. And it doesn't count toward their vacation. Wahoo. My entire family will be here so there will be 15 of us in our house and 4 dogs. It is going to be a zoo but hopefully fun. Amelia (that's the name for now) is due to arrive on the 17th of December. Lots to look forward to.
Well, I hope all is well with everyone. Happy Halloween.

6 comments:

banks said...

I like the name Amelia. Are you so excited to add a little girl to your family? Congrats to Trent for getting Christmas off. That will be so nice. It sound like it will be a huge party at your house. So what are you doing for Trents week off. Next time post some pictures. I want to see your cute little tummy. Good to hear from. Kami

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Yeah! So glad you will have some time with your husband-We're not sure yet if Jonathan will have Christmas off or not??? We can't wait to see pics of your new little girl-the name Amelia is so, so darling!! Good luck and enjoy the next little while!!

The Mathews Family said...

First of all "A" names are my favorite and I totally LOVE the name Amelia!! I second the nomination for pictures of your cute belly and am so excited for you to have a girl. I"M LOVING IT!!!!!!

Second, how lucky is that that your time off for Christmas doesn't count as leave! LUCKY! Our program here doesn't give any perks like that. You don't even get paternity leave. argh. Good luck to you guys :)

Adam Jensen said...

Amelia is such a cute name, I remember when you were considering it for Lane :) That is awesome that Trent gets Christmas off, We wont get to go anywhere either holidays... so that stinks. And everyone I have seen Karie's belly in the last few weeks and it is cute! and little!
love, Rachel
ps. got your message Karie, I figured you were out of town, no worries. talk to you soon.

The Kalcichs said...

Karie,
I can't believe you're due so soon! It seems like you were just barely pregnant. I'm glad you got away to WY but I'm sorry about your Grandpa. It sounds like this was kind of expected?
I hope you take lots of naps this week while Trent is home. Keep us posted about everything. I love hearing from you!
-Ann

AnnMarie said...

Amelia is my sister's name, I love it! There is a little girl here, one of the resident's daughters, and her name is Amelia.
Andersen has to work Thanksgiving and Christmas, but luckily my family is here, we'll just be missing him for all the festivities.

And I got your package Jen. The little outfit was darling! I can't wait till he can fit into it. Thank you so much!