Tuesday, October 23, 2007

We're OK!

I spoke with Kami last night and they're ok.. no evacuations in their neighborhood yet. The closest evacuations are five miles from us, but we are under strict instructions to stay put until told to leave- stay in our house and don't use any unnecessary electricity. We've got the cars gassed and packed just in case. James still has to work even though the base is basically shut down. There is just him and one other doctor working medicine floor b/c many of the doctors were evacuated yesterday and some of their homes have already burned. They may evacuate parts of the base today. Hopefully just precautionary. I know Kami said that Brett is crazy busy at Balboa Hospital too.

I'm going to take some pictures of the soot and ashy air and get them posted sometime. It's pretty crazy. It really stinks and burns our eyes and throats. I've been kind of wanting to leave just because of that, but we'd have to go to my Mom's up north and there are fires there too!! I couldn't travel all the way to AZ or UT by myself with the three kids... unless I really really had to, of course.

Thanks for thinking of us. It's not over yet and there are plenty of people here who have it really bad, so don't stop praying!

3 comments:

hughes family said...

jenny, thank you so much for posting! i called kami at like 7:30 this morning in a panic, SO worried for our so. cal girls!!! PLEASE keep us posted on what the evacuations are like. i told kami she NEEDS to pack today!! :)
be safe you guys, and let us know if we can help you at all!! wish we were closer.
love, megan

Rachel said...

Man! that is crazy, I am glad you guys are ok. I guess sunny san diego can't be perfect ;/ Well keep us posted!!!
Rachel

Jonathan & Rachel said...

We are so glad you are OK! Sounds like you are not in the clear yet-we will definately keep praying! Good luck and just know you have somewhere in AZ you can for sure come to!! Keep us posted!