Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Finally Having Fun




It took several months but Jason's schedule slowed down and we were able to have some fun. Ever since we moved here I wanted to go to the beach. I had never seen the Atlantic ocean until last Friday. It was everything I hoped it would be. We flew kites, made sand castles, picked up seashells, and stole several grocery sacks full of sand. The hotel we stayed at had complimentary valet service, which I take as "You can park your own car if you can find the parking lot and don't mind the half mile walk back to the hotel." I was kind of embarrassed when the valet lifted the bag with the sand. It was pretty heavy and I would love to know what he thought we had packed in it. After the beach we went to downtown Charlestown. It was great to see the really old buildings and churches. After walking around for bit we made a stop at Costco and headed home. My closest Costco is two and a half hours away. I miss the Phoenix Costco's at every freeway off ramp. Overall we had a great time.

4 comments:

The Kalcichs said...

I'm glad you finally got to have some fun. I've never seen the Atlantic either or the Great Lakes for that matter and I live in a state surrounded by great lakes. You guys look great. I love that you stole sand and that the valet man had to carry it. You guys look great!
-Ann

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Jonathan just had his first vacation since starting residency too! So glad you guys had such a fun trip and made the most of it! You all look great! How fun to have valet...I would have totally felt rich and famous!

AnnMarie said...

Man, I wouldn't mind a little beach weather right now! Arizona is definately moving up on the list of places to move to when Andersen is done with residency.

And I don't know about feeling rich and famous with valet parking, the way our van looks right now I'd feel more like white trash.

Maggie said...

I felt so out of place. The place was crawling with retired folks. Plus we didn't know what to do with the tipping. One time we way over tipped and then I think we gave someone the shaft. Oh well, live and learn. Regardless we had tons of fun.