Sunday, November 11, 2007

We are all alive and well in NE

Sorry it has been so long since I posted. I have been logging on and reading the posts whenever I get a chance (which isn't very often) but I haven't had time to respond or post anything and I didn't realize how long it had been. Time has flown this year!!! Everything is going well but I am busy up to my eyeballs! Between primary president stuff ( which takes most of my spare time), the primary program which is next sunday (thank you so much Rachel for all of your help on that. You really gave me a lot of comfort and help!!!), Austin's elder's quorum presidency stuff, volunteering at Edens school, babysitting for the Madsen's (Emma, mikes wife, is getting her Masters), keeping up the house, the mountain of laundry that never seems to get smaller no matter how many loads I do a day, Joyschool with Grace and Siena, planning activites for primary, yada, yada, yada... and since Austin is not around much as you all understand, it is all me. I feel like a whimp because I can't keep up. You all sound like you have a good grip on things and I am positive that my life is no more chaotic than yours! So any good advice on how to pack a 30 hour day into 24 hours let me know!

But all in all things are going great! I still love my house and we have the most beautiful trees in the yard and all the leaves just turned red. I will attempt to post a picture.

The kids are loving the leaf piles of fall and so desperately longing for the snow to fall as well. We all bought snow boots and hats and gloves this week and the girls can barely contain themselves! It is so fun to hear their squeals and giggles when they are playing in the leaves and yelling "its fall, its fall." Austins residency has been really crazy busy and I think it gets him down quite a bit to see how much he is missing at home. His birthday was last week and the girls all wrote him coupon books and grace wrote "one free stay home from work and play with me day." and the next coupon was "stay home and drink hot chocolate with me." All of her coupons were somehow tied to him staying home. One day he was running out the door to work and Gracie came running in and said "but daddy, remember, you went to work yesterday, that means today you get to stay home with me." Austin was crushed and still had to say goodbye and go to work. She has definately taken it the hardest. I'm sure as time goes on it will get easier though. And just think, after residency it will feel like they are only working part time!

For halloween Eden was Dorothy from the wizard of oz, (and of course made me be the wicked witch of the west since none of her sisters would be.) Gracie was a fairy princess, siena was a princess, and Hope was snow white.

Anyhow, sorry for blabbing so long. I miss you all and it was good to finally get to virtually chat with you all.

6 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

So good to hear from you! It sounds like things are extra busy for you. Even though it's hard, it's probably a good thing that you are so busy so you can't sit down and really think about how much you are actually doing! The good news is that it's not forever and not long enough for kids to remember that life is this way-that's what I keep telling myself! I can't believe how old all of your girls look-they are darling! Your house looks so nice and big! Glad you are all doing well-good luck on the pp-you'll feel a lot of relief once that is done. I also have a cd with flip charts for every one of the songs for next years program and also one with all of the songs to make copies of for the kids-I thought I'd make copies of them both for you and Shelly if you want them!! Take care.

Adam Jensen said...

So good to hear from you Joni! Your home is so beautiful, I am glad you are enjoying the seasons! I can't wait for it to snow here either. I think one of the hardest things about residency is trying to explain why Daddy can't be around as much, or why he is coming home late and can't eat dinner with us, or why we can't do this activity with dad tonight like we planned on etc etc etc the list goes on. It's just so hard, and it breaks your heart! At least we can understand time and know that this will end someday etc... but to them it probably seems like forever! Your costumes were cute, you and your girls are so gorgeous. Austin is a lucky guy to be surrounded by all those lovely ladies. I can't believe how Hope and Sienna have grown! esp Hope! Thanks for the update!

The Kalcichs said...

Joni! I love the picture of the girls playing in the leaves. My kids have loved doing that, too. Everyone looks great. You are such a great mom. No wonder Austin wishes he could be home with you guys more.
Zeke loved looking at the picture of your girls. We all miss you guys!
-Ann

Katie and Steve said...

Joni,
I'm glad to hear that someone else feels a little overwhelmed sometimes. I know you are such a good mom, and that those girls are so lucky to have you. We miss everyone a lot, and I'm so glad that we can stay in touch.
Katie

The Mathews Family said...

Hey Joni! Thanks for posting - I know it gets crazy and we're glad to hear that you're still as amazing as ever ;) My advice would be to keep up the good work! You're doing all you can and that's just enough!!

Shelly said...

It is so good to hear from you. I'd been wondering how you were doing. I love your post and can totally relate to a lot of it. If Ken is going to be around at all the girls get so excited, it is cute to watch but also kind of sad cause you know they miss their daddy so much. Keep us updated whenever you get a chance. Good luck with your program (actually by the time you read this it will be over). It will be such a weight off your shoulders when it is over.