Friday, February 15, 2008

Chocolate anyone?

Look what I made for Rhett on Valentine's Day! It was so easy and delish! I was so proud of myself that I thought I would share my talent with others. :) Enjoy!



Molten Lava Cake Recipe courtesy Paula Deen (Food Network)

6 (1-ounce) squares bittersweet choc. (used 1 cup bittersweet choc chips)
2 (1-ounce) squares semisweet choc.(used 1/3 cup semisweet choc chips)
10 tablespoons (1 1/4 stick) butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 large eggs
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons orange liqueur ( I used orange juice)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Grease 6 (6-ounce) custard cups. Melt the chocolates and butter in the microwave, or in a double boiler. Add the flour and sugar to chocolate mixture. Stir in the eggs and yolks until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and orange liqueur. Divide the batter evenly among the custard cups. Place in the oven and bake for 14 minutes. The edges should be firm but the center will be runny. Run a knife around the edges to loosen and invert onto dessert plates. Serve immediately.


5 comments:

Adam Jensen said...

You are so cute, thanks for sharing! I love those

The Mathews Family said...

Oh MY! I am so impressed! That is some fancy dessert - I hope he realized how much time and effort you put into it. Chocolate and more chocolate- does it get any better?

The Kalcichs said...

MMMMMMM. I want someone to make that for me! Thanks for the recipe.

Maggie said...

Thanks Dora. I have always wanted to try to make lava cakes but I have too scared to try. If mine turns half as good as yours, I sure it will be wonderful.

Rhett and Dora said...

It was honestly so easy. It took like 10 mins to mix and then just the 14 mins to bake. I always wanted to make one but was nervous about it turning out. Mostly because I knew it would be compared to the yummy expensive desserts Rhett gets at his "work" dinners. I believe it is fool proof.