Friday, April 25, 2008

Is that a supermodel?


No, it's Maggie fixing her hair. Who knew I was so sexy without even trying? Well this is my birthday post. I am 27 today. I no longer feel like the young bride I used to be just now the tired, worn out, sick of being a responsible adult. Well that's life. I do have a great life though that I wouldn't trade for anything not even an ice cold caffeine-free diet coke or even a regular diet coke.


This is my gorgeous house. Is it wrong to love your house this much? I just love everything about it. I am already sad to move and that is still three years away. The floor plan is just our style. And hopefully I will get to redo the kitchen if I am good enough at saving.


My new favorite hobby with Jason is gardening. This is one of our garden boxes. We use the square foot gardening method and it is wonderful. If any of you are thinking about doing a garden check this out. Mel Bartholomew wrote a book all about it and I hear there is video. This is the easiest garden I have ever seen in my whole life. I will gladly answer any questions you might have on this subject. Anyway enough of that commercial.

Somethings you may not know about me:
I was into Eco-friendly stuff, green living, before it was cool. I refuse to use plastic bags. I bag my own groceries because the baggers never stuff my canvas bags full enough thus forcing the plastic bags upon me.

I used to play the violin in high school and now I am dying to get back into playing something. I am determined to get a piano. Which makes me nervous about which church callings I might get called to.

I have donated my hair twice to locks of love. I just cut it a month or two ago. But it is still long. It was down to my waist but now it is about three inches below my shoulders.

I am a lurker on all of your blogs. I read Not Without My Daughter and now I am afraid of Persian men and I made Jason promise to never take me to Iran. Along with lurking...

I have been inspired by Kami and Megan. I am going to run the Myrtle beach marathon in February. I ran a 5K once and cried because I didn't think I could finish it but I am determined to do this marathon. Every time I talk myself out of it, I talk myself back into it. I want to do something for myself, by myself. And this is it. So good luck to me I have 10 months. By the way it is on Valentine's day which will be a Saturday. Runner's World has placed it in the top ten best marathons to run. So if anyone else is looking for a fun marathon...

9 comments:

The Kalcichs said...

Happy Birthday, Maggie! You are hilarious and your house is beautiful. I hope you have a great day. I might just have to join you in Myrtle Beach in 10 months. We'll see how quick I bounce back after this baby. I hope you enjoyed LOST coming back right in time for your birthday. What did you think?

Rhett and Dora said...

Happy Birthday Maggie! We are so glad you were born. You do have a lovely house. And I love your thick straight hair. I guess we always want what we can't have. Hope you live it up, you old woman! jk
Dora

Adam Jensen said...

Happy Birthday, I love the pose! Hope you have a great day. Your house is BEAUTIFUL! It was fun to read about you and get to know you better.

banks said...

Happy birhtday. I am so happy you are going to run a marathon. I think anyone can run one if they just train. I also think it is awesome that you are into the whole recycling thing. I am start to do a little more of that. I hope you are doing well. Kam i

hughes family said...

maggie, you would fit in SO well here in portland, everyone here is very 'green' in everything they do. your house is very beautiful, i think you guys earned it, you have every right to LOVE it!! (do you have a ride on mower? i thought WE had a lot of grass--wow!) GOOD for you for doing a marathon! i've never done a full marathon, but i'd like to someday. but i've done other things that i thought i could NEVER do. in my half ironman my goal was seriously just to finish before they took down the finish line and closed the course! (sad, huh, but its true!) so, be realistic with your expectations :) and enjoy. its SO great to accomplish something that you are doing only for you. i'm proud of you, because i KNOW its so hard to do with kids.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You look great for 27!
Megan

The Mathews Family said...

Happy Birthday Maggie!!

You look awesome! :) Your house is unbelievably GORGEOUS! So jealous! I love the garden- I have a little box garden too, but still haven't done anything with it. I haven't read that book yet... sound spooky?!?

GOod luck with your marathon! I admire your ambition!

Jill said...

Hope you had a good birthday Maggie. Your house is very beautiful I can see why you are already mourning the move in a few years. That is cool that you are training for a marathon. Good Luck!! Jill

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Happy Birthday-you seriously crack me up! Your house is darling-I can't blame you for not wanting to move! It's fun to learn more about you!!! What a great life you have!

AnnMarie said...

So jealous of the house! That's exactly what we're looking for, but in Kentucky. As of right now we are homeless because our offer fell through on the house we wanted (mold in the crawl space?). And I was really looking forward to remodling that kitchen, too. I think we've been too picky, but we really do need a bit more room than we've squeezed into. Anyway, I know what you mean about wanting to play something. I played cello in High School and have been dying to get my own and I totally understand your reservation about playing the piano, that would be your calling the rest of your life! And you still have a lot of life left, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!