Saturday, April 26, 2008





So I thought I would post some newer pictures that aren't that scary newborn look. He is doing so well. I thought I would give some details. I had been dialated to a four since week 35. ( I made Dave check me) So I figured I would go pretty early. I made Dave come with me to the doctor on monday the 21st, so that he could tell the doctor to enduce me soon because he had vacation next week. He told the doctor that and he said "okay how are we going to speed this up then." Then he checked me and he said "wow you are already like a five and your water is on the verge of breaking." So he put me in for an induction next tuesday. But everyone was like she won't make it that long. So we left the office and went to walmart and home depot to get things to finish Logans room. We are finishing his room in the basement. I was having a ton of contractions all day long. Finally I decided to jump in the shower and get ready because I figured it was time. Then I made Dave check me again and I was at a seven. He told me I better hurry if I wanted an epidural. So we got to the hospital and they got me all set up. They checked me again and I was at an eight. I got my epidural and they broke my water. Then the pain really started. My epidural didn't work at all on my left side and not very well on my right. It was horrible pain I hope not to experience again. I made it through because of all the support I had. My nurse was amazing, and my doctor, Dave and the resident that delivered me. Yes I let a resident deliver me. But it was a girl and we had just had her and her husband who is also a resident over last weekend to play guitar hero. She did great. Anyway the worst part of the whole deal was that the 21st is Paiges birthday. I didn't want them to have the same birthday. My labor lasted longer than I thought it would, I went in at 6:30 in the evening and he was ready to come out at 11:45. They said we are so close we need to just wait. That was the longest fifteen minutes of my life. He was born at 12:04 on the 22nd. I am recovering extremly well. I had no stitches. In fact Dave and I have been painting Logans room the past three days. My sister just had a baby as I typed this. She had a girl. Wow three grandkids birthdays in one week. Thanks for all your comments.

7 comments:

The Mathews Family said...

WOw Amy! What a story! You were born to give birth :) I'm sorry that your epidural didn't work, though. I hate it when that happens! ;)

Seriously, this little boy of yours is gorgeous. Congratulations and I hope your recovery stays easy and that he's a good sleeper!
HUGS, Jenny

Shelly and Ken said...

He is sooo cute! So glad to hear that recovery is going smoothly. Sorry to hear about your epidural. I had the same thing happen. It is awful. Hope you continue to do well and that your new little one sleeps a lot.

Maggie said...

I am impressed that you are painting a room the same time as taking care of a little one. You must have some awesome energy. He looks so adorable. Jason was glad to see Dave wearing his BBQ Festivus t-shirt.

Jonathan & Rachel said...

OH wow!! I wish that would happen with me...except the epidural part! My epidural didn't work with Ally-HORRIBLE!! How fun to have a sweet new little baby and I'm way impressed you are already up and painting!! He is beautiful-congrats!

AnnMarie said...

Isn't having no stitches WONDERFUL! I didn't need stitches after my last two, Coolidge because he was only 4lbs, but Mason was 9lbs and I didn't need a stitch! I felt so great after him that I was playing volleyball by the next week. So sorry about the epidural. That should be considered a form of torture, promising a pregnant lady relief from labor, sticking you with a huge needle (which leaves a pretty good sore spot), and then making you experience the pain of labor anyway. Yikes!

AnnMarie said...

Sorry, what I REALLY wanted to say is that he is soooo cute! Congratulations!

Adam Jensen said...

What a cutie! Paige is so big and looks so pretty in that picture. Just like her momma :) I am glad your recovery is so speedy, that stinks about the epidural... I am glad they don't have the same exact birthday, pretty close call!