Sunday, July 15, 2007

AnnMarie in Spokane

O.K., I'll start off with the bad news first: I found some bad pictures of myself. Here I am with the greased ponytail, nasty camping look going on. Still, I'm holding a cute kid so the picture is not a complete loss.
2nd we have my wake-up look. Yikes, good thing it's kind of blurry. This was mother's day and the boys made me breakfast in bed.
But I did manage to find proof of what Andersen calls my "chipmunk smile." For some reason when I'm pregnant and my face gains a little weight I start doing this smile where my upper lip disappears and all you can see are my humongous front teeth. Unfortunately it's been making a comeback recently. My only consolation in this picture is Andersen's Bell's Palsy that made half of his face droop for a few months. It was like kissing a dead fish.
Pretty much this is the best shot of me right now (taken by Campbell). I'm the one on the left.
The good news is that we are finally all "moved in." Everything has a place and my "To Do" list is dwindling. We've done a lot to our rental in the last month. Here is a picture of Andersen cultivating our back yard so that we could put in sod. I couldn't let the boys go outside in the back yard at all. They kept stepping on glass and nails and finding all kinds of nasty things. Andersen didn't believe it was that bad until he cultivated and found a 5-gallon bucket of cement, some cables and cords, and a windshield scraper buried in the yard.
Here's a picture of the yard with sod. The other two boys are my sister's boys. We love playing in the backyard now.
Along with the outside we've been going crazy on the inside. The house had been newly remodeled, but we went a little nuts with furniture. It was nice to be able to buy furniture with the money from the sale of our house. Even the boys got some new chairs and a table.
Some other things that have been happening are Porter's birthday. He turned 6 July 3rd and we had a little party with my family that live in Spokane, too.
Then there was the 4th where the boys got to lite off fireworks. They thought they were pretty special lighting them. Here is Porter with a Jumbo California Candle. It doesn't look too dangerous does it?
And I've been a little hesitant to mention that Andersen's transitional year so far has been great! He works 8-5 Mon-Fri and gets the weekends off. In fact around here they refer to the internship at Deaconess hospital as Club 'D.' I love Spokane. Since he gets the weekends off we've been checking out all the local parks and lakes. This is a picture of the carrousel at Riverfront Park in downtown Spokane.
It also boasts a huge wagon slide. You can barely see them on the top.
That's Porter and I swimming in Lake Coeur d'Alene in Idaho, just 30min. from Spokane.
And we just recently spent the day at Priest Lake, ID swimming and having a good time. We've actually been going to all these places because there is no A/C in our house and with temps hitting 100 for the past week we have been sweating to death in our house. And that's why I'm up so late blogging because it is finally cooling down in our house for the night.
Here is a little video of us playing at the beach.

5 comments:

The Kalcichs said...

AnnMarie,

I love the pictures. I'm glad to hear that Anderson is around a bit more. It looks so beautiful there and I bet you love being so close to your family. How are you feeling? How much longer till that next little boy comes?

Keep in touch,

Ann

Rachel said...

I like your chipmunk smile! glad you guys are doing well and getting to have fun with family. Good to hear from you!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

I'm actually flying into Spokane tomorrow morning to go on up to Sandpoint, ID for 10 days. Jonathan flies in on Friday and leaves Sunday-it would be fun to see you guys for a little while-who knows if we could work it out-but it would be fun!! Do you guys ever go up to Sandpoint? We'll be swimming at the beach and picking berries like crazy if you want to come??

The Mathews Family said...

Great to get the update AnnMarie! Glad to hear things are going well, but sorry about the nasty heat! We don't have AC either and it gets pretty uncomfortable in the afternoon/ evening, though we haven't had the horrible 100's or anything yet. Thank goodness! BTW, I don't see a chipmunk smile anywhere in that picture! ;)

Jenny

AnnMarie said...

I am enjoying being close to family, but I think Andersen is having a rough start. I think with moving in, Porter's birthday, and the 4th of July he got a family overload. Good thing he is gone during the day so I can sneak over and play at my parent's house :0)
And Rachel, I'll tell Andersen about you guys being up here. That would be so much fun and I love Sandpoint. We would go there every year on Memorial Day and have a huge family picnic at the city park. If you'd like to give us a call or post your number. Ours is (509)443-5763 or our cell (623)332-8961.