Wednesday, July 11, 2007

OH, so bad pictures-and a few cute ones!






I've loved reading about every one's adventures-how fun! Ann, it sounds like you had quite the eventful night. It reminds me of when we were camping here in AZ and got woken up by the police at 3:30 am because there was a stabbing in the next campsite over and they needed to search our tent. It is amazing any of us stay safe with a bunch of wackos running around breaking windows and stabbing people-but it makes for good stories-right!?


I have to say that I have yet to experience the "bad" side of residency. Jonathan is still in orientation until August!! It has been so nice that they have eased him into it (I'm sure Jill, you feel the same). So far it is pretty much an 8-5 job-which still is about double the hours of 4th year med school! The best part is that he is SO happy. It is really neat that he has such a fun intern class-it really is relieving to know that he is with people that know him and treat him so nicely (that brings a lot of peace to a worrying wife). Starting in August he starts surgery which they say is one of the easier months-I have no idea what that is compared to. I am just so confused by all of the schedules and what everything means-we'll see. It was very fun to get his first "real" paycheck-we took pictures of course! He is still serving as the Young Men's president in our ward-I keep thinking they might release him, but nothing yet. Is it bad to hope for that??? (just teasing)


We are just all doing really good. Our kids are just getting bigger and funnier all the time. My mother-in-law always says that kids are the biggest waste of time. I'm afraid she is right-we sure spend a lot of time watching them and laughing. It seems like we've hardly had any down time at home. My little sister just got married on the 3rd and I was in charge of all the wedding-which was one of the most stressful things I've ever done. But everything turned out beautiful and luckily I got one REALLY bad picture of me while we were arranging the flowers the night before. We've got one more trip up to North Idaho and then we'll be so glad to just be home!

The first 2 pics are just HORRIBLE-the other 3 are of our sweet kids at my sister's wedding.
It's been so much fun to read about all of your lives and adventures! Keep posting! -Rachel

4 comments:

Jill said...

Rachel I couldn't agree with more about their schedule, I am a little nervous about August, especially since we are still not in our own house. Your kids look soo cute at the wedding.
see you later.
Jill

Rachel said...

I know what you mean about schedule. Adam's isnt too bad compared to what we thought. They have night float and makes for less call but he still has long days. Glad you guys are doing well!

The Kalcichs said...

Rachel,

That picture of you and Ally looks like something that would be on the cover of a magazine. You have such a beautiful family! Your boys look so much alike - I thought both those picture were of Isaac at first. I'm glad to hear you guys are doing well! You night of camping sounds a lot more exciting than our run-in with the cops.

-Ann

Brizzee said...

rachel, i am jealous that you are still in az and are enjoying your pool. i miss ours so bad. we have a back yard full of weeds and dirt. who knows when we will ever get grass. hey let me know whenever you are in idaho. logan still cries for his friends in arizona. you think he would let up after eight months.

amy