Wednesday, July 11, 2007

wild night

So I think the highlight of last night came at 3:30 when the doorbell rang and I looked out the window to see a police car out front. It turns out someone smashed in the window on Damon's car and someone else called the police on our behalf. I was just glad Damon was actually home last night or else I would've been so freaked out. I never sleep as easy when he's on call. Of course, the kids both woke up and we just stayed up till so we could take Damon to work. I was just relieved that it was only the car. The police man wanted to search the backyard because he thought the gate had been opened and some punk kids were hiding back there. It was pretty funny when he tried to kick it open and it didn't budge because it doesn't open that way. I don't know if we'll make the next episode of COPS or not. Everything was fine. The kids WERE safe in their beds, until the doorbell rang and that's all that really matters. Just life in Motown I guess.

I hope to hear from everybody soon. The boys do a better job posting on their blog than we do. I guess us mothers are take call every night (Damon hates when I say that).


Have a great day, everyone!

-Ann

4 comments:

Jill said...

Hey Ann that does sound a little crazy. I have to agree with you, I get on the blog way too often only to find nothing new. I was excited to see so many new posts. we were out of town again this weekend. Glad to here that you were all safe and it was just a window, right? did they take anything out of the car?
take care, Jill

Adam Jensen said...

That is so crazy! I am so glad you guys are alright. We do take call everynight :)

Rachel said...

THat "Adam" post was me, Rachel J :) Sorry didn't want you to think Adam was snooping ;) I am still learning to blog!

The Mathews Family said...

YIKES Ann! I hate it when James isn't home at night and I just told him the "we're on call every night" thing and he laughed. Sounds about right to me! Of course I don't have the luxury of shutting myself in my room (or in James' case a Base hotel room) for a nice long nap when I'm sleep deprived! ;)