Monday, July 23, 2007

some hope for a VBAC



Hey Girls!
Hope you are all hanging in there. I just love this blog and being able to keep in touch. I finally went to my Obstetrician and he is great. He is so kind and supportive, his views on OB are great. He said he would be willing to give me a trial of labor as long as it is looking like the baby isn't going to be 10 lbs again. I think that is fair. I am not sure I would want to have a 10 lb baby vaginally anyway. So he just told me to try and only gain 25 lbs. and to eat whole grains and no high fructose corn syrup. So I will give it my best. I do pretty good on whole grains but I have never realized what hfcs is in. It's even in my yogurt, I thought it was only in juices etc. 25 doesn't seem like a lot to me who gained 40 lbs last time :) but I am trying. The main thing I like about my doctor is he isn't pushy or opinionated. He wants to do what I want to do, it's just totally different from my AH OB experience. Here is a picture of my profile :)

5 comments:

The Mathews Family said...

AWw... cute belly! So glad your DR is on board. Good luck with the diet restrictions!

Jill said...

Hey Rachel you are looking so good pregnant. It is funny how often I think of everyone, As I was reading yours I was imagining our girls night with 5 conversations going on at once and talking about our pregnancy's and what not. Glad to hear things are going well.
jill

banks said...

I am so glad you like your doctor. Good luck with the food thing. I end up gaining more then I want. (I gained 50, then 35, then 40) My number are never small. I was going to say you can find alot of food that doesn't have hfcs in them. I buy yougrts, bread, and most of the food without the corn syrup, but you will have to find a health food store like a Sprouts or Henry's. If you don't have those stores jsut try and find a local health food store. Good luck. You look cute pregnant. How are you feeling? Kami

The Kalcichs said...

You're cute! I'm so glad to hear some good news about the OB. There's enough other things to worry about right now. Hopefully it will all work out the way you want it to. I'm sure you guys will know what to do when the time comes. That's what Damon and I did; we just waited to see how things progressed and then at the end we just really felt like a VBAC wasn't a good choice for me. It's so nice to have guidance from Heavenly Father to help with your choices. I relied on that a lot before we decided. You'll do great no matter what. Are you so anxious to know what you're having? Keep us posted.

-Ann

Adam Jensen said...

Thanks for your support and well wishes :) I am feeling really good. Yeah I am trying not to get a complex about the weight gain. I would rather have a large baby c-section and gain a healthy amount than have a low birth weight baby vaginally :)
But yeah, we will do what we can until it gets closer and really pray about it. I know Heavenly Father knows what will be the best bet in the end. Miss you guys!