Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Greetings from Greeley ;)

Hey Girls! it is so great to hear from more and more people, keep it up!
Here are some pictures of a SLEEPY Kyler, I think they are so cute!

He is getting better at smiling for the camera! Someone, i don't know who?? taught him to say "cheese" He just started saying that, and I never say that. He sure knows how to make a mess
Here are some pictures of me looking messy! I wanted post some classic post delivery pics but they are on file cause they are old and i am too lazy to get the CD.... sorry
This is me, Kyler and my half-sister Jacque. My dad re-married and his wife never had any kids. She is a cutie.
Anyway things here are going well. Slowly making some friends at church and thru the residency. Our intern class has gotten together several times and it has been fun. Although they are different than us we do have a lot of fun. We are even going to start a girls night with the female spouses and residents. I really like the resident girls and they said they could probably make it most months so i am excited about that.
In some ways it has been good to have no family around just for the fact that we do things together just the three of us and it has been really nice! I feel like we have grown closer as a family. Adam's call has turned out to be amazing. We thought he was going to have to be on call q4, which I know isn't alot to some of you and I will be praying for you and your husbands who are on call more than that!!
But they instituted night float so the call is less. And with a new baby coming that makes me worry less. All in all I have kept my expectations low and I haven't been disappointed ;)
I still have yet to get in at a doctor! I went to my family physician last week for a referral. The only time Adam can come is a week from this Friday and since it's an ultrasound one and I will be nearly 14 weeks, he really wants to be there.
I want to try for a VBAC and have tried to find a doctor who will do that. My family physician said the doctor he referred me to does them, but we will see. A 3rd yr. wife told me that the hospital doesn't do VBAC's here so I am feeling pretty bummed, but i will wait and talk to the doctor to know for sure.... there is another hospital 30 min west of here maybe they will. I am not totally against having another section but I would like to try if I can.
Anyway this is getting way too long :) Sorry!
I miss you all so much! I think about you tons and hope everything is going well for each of you. I am already ready for a reunion!!!!
I hope to hear from you on the blog!
Love, Rachel

PS. Ann I met your cousin Kristy Whetten, she is in our ward. She says Hi! She is so sweet. must run in the family!!
PSS. Hope this isnt too hard to read, I am not the most eloquent writer :/

3 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Kyler is soo cute-he looks so much like you!! Glad things are going a little better! We actually have loved living far from family over the past 4 years-it definately grows on you. Now we don't know if we ever want to move back!!!

The Kalcichs said...

Rachel,

That is so funny that you are in the same ward as my cousin. She is definitely a generation ahead of me, but she is still really nice. Glad to hear you are making new friends and that Adam is around a little more. I hope that everything goes ok with the Dr. and trying to have a VBAC. That is a huge decision, but you'll do great. Kyler is adorable!

The Mathews Family said...

Love the pics Rach!! I just saw my new DR for the first time today. She seems nice and is REALLY into doing VBACs. They have one of the highest successful VBAC rates in the nation. I was very reassured by that. If you want my opinion, do what you can to try for a VBAC, b/c after this you won't have the chance again. It was an experience I will treasure. Of course you have to do what's healthy for the two of you, but you should really be allowed to choose to try VBAC. Good luck!! :)