Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Giving birth was not nearly as hard!

Okay, I can say that giving birth, for me, was not nearly as hard as walking away from Eden's kindergarten classroom without her yesterday! I had a hole in my heart the entire day and couldn't wait until 3:00. (What am I going to be like when she gets married!) Today was a little better but still not easy. Everyone told me how much freedom I would have when the kids went to school but no one told me how hard it was to send them there!


Besides that it is good to read about you all and to hear how you are settling into your new life. We are all doing well and enjoying Nebraska. Omaha is like the nations best kept secret. There are tons of wonderful family oriented things to do and everything is a ton less expensive so you can afford to do them. Who would have thought that here in the middle of
nowhere there would be so much to do! So we are really enjoying ourselves. Austins first rotation has been Inpatient at the hospital and has been quite an overwhelming learning curve for him but he is starting to get the hang of it and enjoying himself. Luckily we have been able to see him every evening except for when he has been on call, although he just got called to the elders quorum presidency and so we might see him a little less now. Anyhow, Hope just turned one last week and her #1 goal in life is to either stand on top of the table or go fishing in the potty ( and with three older sisters leaving the toilet open, she succeeds quite often!) Anyway, if I can figure this blog thing out I will post some picts, if not oh well! Talk to you all later!

Joni

5 comments:

The Kalcichs said...

Joni-
I've missed you! Luckily there is a mom here that totally reminds me of you; we've hung out a few times. Look at your beautiful girls all grown up. I can't believe how much everyone's kids have changed in such a short time. I'm sorry you are missing Eden so much. I hope it will get better. You look great. How is your calling? I'm sure it keeps you busy.
Take care,

Ann

Adam Jensen said...

Joni!!! Its so great to hear from you I have been wondering how you and your family are doing. I cant believe Eden is so big. I am sure it wont be as hard to let her go as time goes on :) Your girls are so beautiful and growing so quickly, I can't believe Hope is 1!!!! oh my! keep the pictures and updates coming!
love, Rachel

banks said...

Joni,
It sounds like you are doing good, and loving it there. Did Eden like school? Brynn had here first day of school today, and she loved it. I love the pictures of you and the girls. You all look so good. Hope to hear from you soon. Kami

The Mathews Family said...

I'm so glad you finally posted! I was wondering how you were doing ;) Cute pictures. Dillon starts school in a week and I'm sure I'll feel the same way, although it's only half day so that's good. Your hair has grown so fast! It's gorgeous as always. Take care!

AnnMarie said...

Nice! I have a potty fisher too. And he always seems to do it right before we're leaving the house. Timing is everything.