Saturday, August 11, 2007

Speaking in church tomorrow AHH!

I know there is never a good time for these things, but they didn't even ask us until Wednesday! Plus, I've just not been feeling myself these days - you guys know how it is! I have no desire to stand up in public all puffy and huge, probably will be sweating and my brain just does not work. I've gone over my talk a few times now, and it never comes out the same. I'm pretty sure it makes no sense either. Just gotta trust that God won't let me lead people astray or accidently say something really stupid and offensive!!

James is on call tonight so he'll be speaking after working all night, poor guy. Have you all had to speak already? Have you all recieved callings? So far no callings, but James has substituted on the piano for one auxiliary or another every week he's actually been able to make it to church and been assigned to do a special musical number next month. I taught RS a few weeks ago, but no official calling.

Since my last post we've done 4 weeks of swimming lessons and had my brother and sister here for a visit. Dillon does soccer camp next week, then kindergarten evaluations, and the school starts! It's coming so fast! We went school uniform shopping last weekend. When he tried on his uniforms and put on the cute little backpack I nearly lost it. Can this really be happening already? I thought it was ironic too that this is the first year that neither James nor I have been in school at all, but Dillon starts kindergarten!

Hope you're all doing well.. I could really really use a girl's night. I've met some really nice girls in the ward and stuff, but haven't found that girlfriend "connection" you know? I know it's only been a couple of months, but with the baby coming and everything, it would be nice to have that one (or 12) really close friend that you know you could call for anything! Kami - if only you were like 20 minutes closer!! ;)

I have a doctors appointment next week. Maybe I'll post again then! Toodles.

Here's the link to my personal blog (for pictures and more rambling ;)
Jenny's Blog

6 comments:

Jill said...

Jenny good Luck, I know that is totally nerve racking. I am sure you will do great. Hope you are feeling well.
Jill

The Kalcichs said...

Good luck, Jenny! I am sure you will do great! I had to speak a couple of weeks ago and it does seem harder in a new ward where you're not comfortable with every one. I'm sure you'll look great as always even if you don't feel that way! Besides, everyone loves a pregnant lady.

-Ann

Maggie said...

We got asked to speak three weeks in advance. We will be speaking at the end of this month. We also got our callings. Jason is the webelo's leader and I am the mia maid advisor. We have been the first to get callings of the people that moved in the same time as us. I am glad that they gave us a month and half before dishing out callings. Jenny, I am sure you did great. Doesn't it feel great to have it over? Now the trick is to sneak out of the ward so you don't have to give a farewell talk as well.

AnnMarie said...

Andersen and I had to speak the weekend after the 4th of July. We were asked the week before (only our second week in the ward)because the original speakers had cancelled. That same week was Porter's birthday and we were still unpacking. I didn't have any time to refine my talk and ended up talking the whole meeting leaving Andersen with 5 min. Who knew I was so long-winded. The next week Andersen was called as 2nd counselor in the YM and I was called as Secretary in YW. It's my first time in Young Women's since I graduated from High School.

I'd offer up Porter's school uniform stuff from last year to whoever wanted, but since I was cheap and only bought 5or6 shirts (enough for a week) the clothes are REALLY well worn. They don't do uniforms here in Spokane so I don't have to worry, I guess. It was kind of nice, though, everyone wearing the same clothes.

Well, I hope you enjoy the novel.

Brizzee said...

jenny,

i cant believe you have a kindergartener. i dont know how i will do when logan goes to school. you are gonna cry on the first day i know it. i will too. i keep racking my brain trying to come up with a good time to come out there. i want a vacation so bad, but without kids right. that will never happen. hope you are doing good. if you need anything please call.

Joni said...

good luck Jenny. I am sure you will have no problem. you are a very well spoken intellegent women and will do just fine. We speak in a few weeks and I am already beginning to panic. I get up there and just start crying and cant stop until I say amen. Yikes! I was called as primary pres on our second sunday in the ward and Austin was called as 1st councelor in the Elders Quarem this last sunday. (I guess that is what you get when you move into a small ward with not enough people to do all of the jobs and you are willing to serve.!) Eden started School yesterday. Hardest day thus far in my life! Joni