Thursday, August 16, 2007

Just Saying Hey

Hey everyone, this is the first time I have had a chance to blog since we moved in. I was so excited to read up on everyone. Karie, Joni and Jenny your pictures are so cute. Ann, Caden does make the cutoff for school we just decided to hold him and Ella back so they would not always be the youngest. Though I have heard it doesn't really matter as much for girls, that it can sometimes frustrate them a little. I can see that a little with Ella because she was a little bored with kindergarten and was never really challenged as much as she could have been. Plus girls just mature a little faster than boys, so they do fine being younger. but all well too late for us. Ella will just have to deal with it, and hopefully she will like being the oldest. So far Ella is less than impressed with first grade, as am I. Her school had a lot of last minute first graders sign up so they have to hire another teacher. IN the meantime they were suppose to have the same sub. teacher all week. The first day she liked it, then Tues. was a new sub that she says is a mean teacher and treats them like they are in third grade and puts kids names on the board that are talking and they don't get recess( isn't that horrible on their 2nd day of school already losing out on recess), and she says school is too long. so my little miss Ella is already playing hookie on her 4th day of 1st grade. I really hope they get a good teacher very soon, 1st grade is suppose to be fun. I don't want to have to transfer her, but I would if she hated it. I guess I am going off on a long old tangent here, but Ella has always loved school, so I am not used to her wanting to stay home, she had a stomach ache this morning because she just did not want to go. i know it was real but it was just because she was worried I was going to make her go, because the stomach ache is long gone now.
On to happier things, Joni how does Eden like kdg. and how are you adjusting? Is it full day or half day? It helped me that Ella's was only half day. Also we got to see Rachel and Adam over the weekend. I am glad they have family here and that we had moved into our house. It was really good to see you guys. It makes me want to have a girls night and do a big shopping spree with you at Desert Ridge.
I just remembered, yesterday at Caden's preschool I found out that a couple of the kids are in bellair ward, Logan Peck, Hunter's little girl and the Taylor's little girl Noelle is in Caden's class. Caden seems way bigger than all the kids I have seen in his class. He'll just have the advantage in sports when the time comes. Although I was looking into t-ball and he had to be 5 by April even though it doesn't start until Sept. Ann do you remember who you went through when Zeke was in t-ball, or did you guys end up putting him in it? I don't' remember.
Oh Maggie, what the heck, why didn't you warn us to stay away from the Bishop if we didn't want a calling on our first Sunday. I still don't know his name other than bishop, and yet he gives me this big calling. I don't know what the heck I am doing, Jeremy is working over 80 hours a week, my house is in boxes, and here he calls me to 1st counselor in YW's. We'll see how it goes. I might have to get babysitters for mutual nights. I would just ask one of the other leaders husbands, but so far none of the other leaders that I have met have kids. Crazy stuff.
Its been crazy here trying to get everything set up, we have had about 5 or 6 cox guys come to our house, I think today we finally have everything good to go. I think I am just rambling on because I needed to talk so before this gets out of control long I will sign off.
Also as soon as I find the cord that goes to my camera I will send pics.
I'll talk to you guys soon.
Love ,
Jill

6 comments:

The Mathews Family said...

All the adjustments that we all just went through, you're just beginning! I know how it is. I can't believe they gave you that huge calling on the first Sunday! Good luck with that. I've never done YW's but I think it probably takes the most work. Mostly because (from what I've heard) you feel like you've adopted a bunch of teenagers! You'll be great, though, and if you have to take the kids, you have to take the kids!

banks said...

Jill, It sounds like you have alot going on. Good luck with all the adjustments. I am sure everything will work itself out. YW takes so much time, but I think you will love it. I have always loved working with the YW. Anyways, thanks for the posts. It is always so good to hear from you. Take care. Kami

Adam Jensen said...

It was great to see you and Jeremy for just a bit! I am glad we still have family there too, it's nice to go back. Good luck with all the changes
Rachel

AnnMarie said...

We need to find sitters for mutual night too, just because Andersen is in YM and I'm in YW. It's so hard to get to know the girls when I'm chasing my kids around. How many Young Women are there?

Maggie said...

I'm sorry about the calling thing. It could have been worse because the girl you are replacing just moved out of the ward with her husband who was the elder's quorum president. So the bishop could have made Jeremy fill the husbands place. I also thought it was a given to stay away from the bishop if you don't want a calling or to speak in church. Bishop Haws is the bishop and he is great. He may have called you but I guarentee that he has already forgotten your name. We went to a wedding that he presided in and never called the groom by his right name. I don't think that you have a lot of mia maids. You should probably just have five at the most. I am not sure though. I can give you some names of people to watch your kids if you want. There are about eight or ten kids that are Ella's age so you won't have to look far for friends for her. Good luck with your calling though. For all of us in YW we will have to share ideas.

Joni said...

Jill, You sound like me! I just barely found my cord to my camera so I could post picts. ( although you have a good excuse, you just moved in, I have been here since the 2nd week of June and I just hung my first wall decor last week! I'm a slacker!) I am sorry that ella isn't enjoying school. I really feel that schools should have everything worked out prior to the first day of school. It is not fair to the kids! Hopefully she gets a good teacher soon! Eden has full day and it has been hard on her physically but she is loving it. Her teacher just had a baby so she has a sub until Sept too. However her sub is a retired teacher that taught kindergarten for 10 years and is excellent! That is so fun that you got called to YW. I know it will be a lot of work and time but what a fun calling to have! (So, good luck with that!) I miss you a ton! Joni