Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Update

I am happy to report that Sunday went really well. We were so blessed b/c James actually got to sleep during his call shift, then finish his talk in the knick of time. I was so nervous up until right before I spoke, then had that old familiar calm come over me, and (sigh) didn't even cry at all until right before I was done. Also, there was a musical number but James still had JUST enough time for his talk. So it went GREAT... well, that is if you don't count Charlie yelling out the "S" word during the sacrament.

Honestly, and I tried to explain this to James, I think it's hereditary. We don't swear at home. I only every so often swear in my pillow, so I don't know where he learned it. BUT, that's kinda my point.. he didn't! It's totally hereditary. We come from a long line of truckers and farmers and I think it's just built in to his vocabulary! He hasn't said the other bad word he used to say in a long time and that one was way worse, so that's good ;)

Dillon started a British Soccer camp yesterday... SO CUTE! These real British soccer players come and do the cutest camp for them and Dillon is WAY into it! He's on team Scotland and he's learning, not only the rules and game of soccer, but all about "toad in the hole" and "Bangers and mash" and all that funny British stuff. Tomorrow they are supposed to come with crazy hair or a crazy hat for "Wacky Wednesday." Then Friday is the World Cup and closing ceremony. I love having a little boy in sports. Its as fun as I always imagined it would be! And isn't he CUTE??!!



(That's the Hospital where James works in the background. James watches from his office on the third floor when he gets break time)



K - only one more thing. Can those of you who have personal blogs (or family blogs) send me the links in an email - or you can post them here - so I can add the links onto this blog? That would be super. Kami, Rachel J, and AnnMarie I have yours. THANKS GUYS!

Jenny's Blog

5 comments:

banks said...

Jenny,
I am so glad that your talk went well. So I gather James had to give a talk after being on call the night before. Dillon looks cute. Talk to you and hopefully see ya soon. Kami

banks said...

Okay, so I haven't check the blog for a few days. I read the blog you wrote last week that explained the whole talk thing after I posted my comment. One last thing, I forgot to leave on your blog. I am so glad you got to go to Wicked. I want to go sooo bad. Hopefully, I'll be able to go soon.

Jill said...

Jenny I just started my blog the week before we moved so there is not much on it. It is jandjbingham.blogspot.com. hopefully that is right. It is good to see pics. I was glad to hear about Dillon in sports. I have been looking into it with Caden, Its just so dang hot right now for sports.
jill

The Kalcichs said...

Jenny,
You are a soccer mom, or should I say a soccer babe. Your boys are so handsome. Hey, will you e-mail me your mailing address when you get a chance. And thanks for the heads up and starting kindergarten. I'm sure we'll wait, I can't imagine sending my 4 year old off to school.

Take care,
Ann

AnnMarie said...

Love the soccer pictures. I want to get Porter into something but being pregnant quenches my motivation in MANY areas ;) We can't even get motivated around here to pick out a name for this one.