Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I made it






Hey everyone, Karie here. I finally figured out how to post. Nice to be reading about everyone's adventures. I love Denver. Pictures above are from our camping trip in the mountains. So beautiful. One of Lane's many owies and our house of course which I like, but there is a lot of wasted space. I could totally do without the huge vaulted ceilings and put in two more bedrooms upstairs. Finally got some good pics of the kids. Hey. Great family town and you'd be surprised how many large non-mormon families are here. Anyway...Wish we would be here longer. I am already in suspense to find out where we will go next year...at least if it will be overseas or not. Anyway, the pregnancy has been interesting. Anyone else feel like number three rips you apart? Oh well, count my blessings. So, the shopping has begun for this spoiled little girl already. A boy would be so much cheaper. Still exciting. The transition to full time mom has also been. . . interesting. Ofcourse the boys had a rough time but I think it was mostly my fault for not sticking to some type of schedule. Anyway, about the time I was ready to break, I put my foot down and now with the routine things seem to go much smoother and we are all happy. . . for the most part. I'm totally missing having friends. No one here I really feel any desire to "bond to." There are only a couple my age in the ward but no one that can relate. They are all settled and secure if you know what I mean. Well, Rachel J, if you're out there we need to get together. You should only be an hour or so away. That would pump me up a bit.
Toodles, Karie


6 comments:

banks said...

Karie,
I am so glad you fiqured our how to blog. It is so fun to see pictures of you and your boys. They look so cute. I am so excited that you are having a girl. What a spoiled little princess she will be. How have you been feeling? Well, it is so good to hear from you. Kami

Adam Jensen said...

Hi Karie! I am here :) I would love to hang out sometime... What is your address in Denver and I could see how far it is, Maybe we can meet up somewhere, I saw an aquarium and children's museum on the north end of denver. Also our ward is having a primary temple day on the 25th, whatever a primary temple day means :) I wanted to take Kyler, maybe then we could visit even if just for a bit. Give me a call, 970-978-1479 (c) or 970-330-5948 good to see some pictures of your family! arent the mountains here great!
love, Rachel

Joni said...

Karie,
It was so fun to see pictures of the boys! Lane has changed a lot! Your house looks way cute. Are you renting or did you buy? When do you find out about your next assignment? (You could always sign up for Omaha!) We miss you and Austin and I talk about you and Trent all of the time and what great examples you were to us. Best of luck with your baby! Do you have any names picked out? Keep us updated! Joni

The Mathews Family said...

Hi KARIE! So glad you figured out posting - your boys are just tooo cute! I bet baby girl Shelton is going to be super adorable. Have you thought of names? I totally hear you about pregnancy #3. It's killing me, but mostly b/c I just don't have the energy I need to keep up with my house and my boys and my life! I have been having wierd pains and tons of discomfort (probably normal) too. I'm able to sleep better than I could with the boys, so that's a relief. It might just be b/c I go to bed way beyond exhausted every night! ;) So happy to hear the update. Take care and post again soon!

AnnMarie said...

We were in Denver a few months ago visiting Andersen's sister and her little family. Although I'd always thought that Denver was right in the mountains, but a little ways off. We had a great time there.

As for baby number three I was so uncomfortable, but I think it was mostly due to the fact that he ended up being 9lbs. But he was my easiest baby by far. So happy all the time. I did yoga while I was pregnant on the third and I think it made a huge difference. The delivery was wonderful. An hour and a half of labor and no tearing or episiotomy. Recovery was heavenly. Anyway, great to hear from you.

Maggie said...

I am scared for baby number three if I make it there. I felt so old with baby number two. I was sure I would wake up someday and I would just be broken. I didn't think that the baby would fall out just that my belly and everything in between my legs would droop and drag on the ground. So if I make it to baby number three I am buying some serious support hose. maybe something like overalls or that has suspenders.