Sunday, August 12, 2007

Moved In

Yesterday I drove from Mesa to 43rd and Happy Valley for Caden to go to Preschool, hoping during that hour and a half we could go into our house. We had to kill a little time after pre-school but finally at noon we got the all clear that it was ours and we could enter. Ella and Caden were pretty excited. Ella wasn't with us when we first looked at it so she thought it was really cool. We got moved in really quickly. We rented a 24 foot truck this time and loaded all our stuff into it, my van, and my dad's truck and it only took one trip. The kids love having a pool, they were already constantly begging to go swimming while I was trying to unpack today, and Jeremy went in this morning and will get back tomorrow. Depending on how busy he was, if he gets any sleep we'll be going it alone to church. We have gone to a different ward every sunday for the last two months. It's going to be a little different not being able to choose where we go, but good to finally settle down.
I'll have to post more later I am running out of steam.
talk to you soon.
Jill

6 comments:

The Kalcichs said...

How was the first night in your new house? I'm glad to hear that you are finally in. I just found out that kids don't have to turn five until December 1st to start school here which means Zeke would start kindergarten next year. It totally freaks me out. I'm not ready to send him off to school. I think Damon and I would try to hold out another year so he wouldn't always be the youngest one in his class. What school will Ella go to? Send some pics of the house soon. I hope you're settling in!

-Ann

AnnMarie said...

Yeah, Ann, holding Zeke out a year will make him that much stronger for High School sports :0) That was Andersen's argument when we were thinking of doing that for Porter.

And I'm glad to hear that you guys finally got in to your house Jill. Horray! Porter asked me today why none of our houses we've lived in have had a pool. I really didn't have a good excuse and he informed me that our next house had better have one. Geesh!

Maggie said...

Boy Ann Marie does Porter think he is the son of a radiologist or what? Good luck finding a house in Kentucky with a pool. I don't know if they are swimming pool type of people. I haven't seen a lot of private pools here. I think that Georgia is afraid of them for drowning reasons. Anyways, Jill are you loving your house? Good luck with unpacking everything.
Maggie

The Mathews Family said...

YES! Finally. Wow I'm glad this is over for you guys and you can finally start settling in! That's great that you have a pool now too! Congrats and yeah - let's see some pics of the house!! ;)

The Mathews Family said...

Oh - BTW, that's what the cut off is here too (Dec 1st) but I talked with a friend who's kid started before she turned 5 and she said DON"T DO IT! She never really caught up and spent the first month crying on the teacher's lap. Not that Zeke would do that, but you know.

banks said...

Cograts! I am so glad you are in your house. How fun to have a pool. I hope the unpacking is going good. Kami