Saturday, August 18, 2007

Heartache-but doing better!

In the mist of residency, Ally starting kindergarten, and everything else, we had a bit of good news, then not so good, then good again, and then bad. We found out we were pregnant and due the beginning of March. We were SO excited as it just worked right into our perfect 2 year apart spacing of our other kids. I had been sick and everything-which I was very grateful for this time (funny how that is). Then when I was about 8 weeks I just felt like things weren't quite right-then of course all the symptoms of miscarriage started and of course felt so bad. But when I went to the doctor and they did an ultrasound-I was in shock when on the screen I saw 2!!!! Then the blood work came back totally normal. And for all of you who had Dr. McKernan (the extreme optimist), he said it was all normal and the signs were just because I was carrying twins. We were so unbelievably excited to learn that we would have twins-but deep inside I knew something just wasn't right. Sure enough I had a miscarriage a few days later. So it has been a lot of ups and downs the past couple of weeks. I really feel alright about everything-just a bit emotionally stretched. Luckily Jon had a fairly easy rotation this month and we have the 3 best little comforts that make everything seem just as it should be. Kind of a crazy month-luckily we hadn't told anyone we were pregnant yet-not even our kids, I think that makes it easier. Anyway, I keep telling Jon that this won't stop me and now I know we have to have at least 2 more-I know they are there waiting! It's funny how our timeline isn't always the right one!

11 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Oh yeah--I forgot to leave our family's blog. http://manwarings.blogspot.com

The Kalcichs said...

Rachel,
I totally admire your faith and strength. It's like you've already figured out how to accept God's will, I'm still working on that part of my faith. I'm sorry to hear about all your ups and downs, but glad to hear you feel at peace about it all. You are a great mom! I always love hearing about how much you enjoy your kids; it makes me want to slow down and just watch mine too. Thanks for letting us know about all of this. I'll be thinking of you.
-Ann

Adam Jensen said...

Wow, what a roller coaster! Glad to hear you are staying positive and counting your blessings. You are a great example to all of us. Thanks for the update. We love you!
Rachel J.

AnnMarie said...

I am so sorry! After our first I had a miscarrage. We had found out we were pregnant and then a week later I miscarried. Not far enough along for it to be serious, but I was so sad and tearry-eyed. I really wanted to be pregnant. When we went in for the ultrasound to make sure evrything had cleared out alright the doctor mentioned that it looked like I was ovulating so of course we jumped right on it and nine months later we had Campbell. Sometimes I tell myself that that miscarrige might have been my girl, so I'd better keep trying. Looks like there's more kids in store for both of us :0)

The Mathews Family said...

Hey Rachel! That is so tough, but what a comfort it is to hear you be so positive about things! I sure have a strong testimony about God's timing and how it truly is what's best for us. Take care and keep posting! It's so good to hear from you. Sending a ((hug))------>

banks said...

It is always so good to hear from you. Thanks for sharing the news about your pregnancy and miscarriage with us. I hope you are doing alright. You always seem to have such a positive intake on things. I agree with Ann you are such a great mom, and you can definetely tell where you priorities lie. Your children now and your future children are blessed to have a mom like you. Thanks for your good example of faith and courage. Kami

Maggie said...

Rachel I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I will be praying for you and your family.
Maggie

hughes family said...

rachel,
i'm so sorry for this roller coaster you have been on. you are such an amazingly strong person. i admire you so much. maybe it will be triplets next time!? :)

Doc's Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joni said...

Rachel,
I am so sorry to hear about your miscarrage! No matter how you look at it, it isn't an easy thing to go through. You are so incredible though and have such a beautiful spirit and outlook on life. I have always admired you for the kind of mother that you are and the champion for motherhood that you are. I have never heard you speak about your children in any other tone than with complete love and devotion. And in a world where everyone is complaining about children that is quite tremendous and an incredible example to me! I wish the news was better for you this time around. We will all be praying for you!
Joni

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Ok, so I'm a little embarrassed-I didn't mean to be such a downer and get so much nice attention! I promise my next posting will be very positive!! Thank you everyone for being so kind and thoughtful!!