Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Alive and kicking

So I thought I should say hi and let you all know we are still alive in Toledo, Ohio. Life is going pretty good. Ups and downs. I can't believe how you guys are still helping me get through this all. I love reading what you are all going through and know that I am not alone. Not much going on here other than the fact that Ken is really busy. He is gone a lot!! He has only been to church 1 1/2 times since starting residency. I have gotten so used to not having him there it will be weird when he is there again (which won't be this coming Sunday).


Jordan has finally turned a corner! After digressing when we got here she is finally using the toilet again! Hurray!!! :) I can't tell you how happy I am. The first week of transitioning back was a little rough but she is a champ now.


Kailyn is starting Preschool next Monday. She is really excited and so am I. Although I think Jordan is going to really miss her (they are finally starting to play together nicely). Without Kailyn to play with I think Jordan will pick on Caden even more.

Caden is getting so big (he is 10 months now). He has been standing without help for along time but still no walking. His favorite thing to do: climb on our dishwasher door, and crawl up and down the stairs. He now sleeps through the night most of the time (he hasn't gone a whole week yet). He is getting up around 6am, which is better than 5am he was doing.

Me? I'm busy taking care of the house. Slowly getting our house finished (we are still working on the new floor in the entryway and then we will be moving on to the bathrooms which were only half remodeled). The lawn is also keeping me very busy. Weeds, weeds, weeds! I can't believe how many weeds I have pulled and little trees I have dug up. Mowing is also a chore, especially now that the leaves are falling. I was also called to be the 2nd counselor in the Primary about 3 weeks after we got here. It has been interesting (I'm incharge of the primary program!). I haven't been in primary since I was 11. I really like the people I work with.

Well, better go the kids need me. I can't believe they let me type for this long.
Shelly

10 comments:

banks said...

It is so fun to hear from you. Your kids are so cute and getting so big. I am glad that things are getting settled in for you. I know what you mean about not having your husband at church. I still haven't master being without Brett at church, but it is getting a little easier. Take care, Kami

Joni said...

Horray! I have been wondering where you have been. I am glad to hear that you are okay! It seems like you have been through quite an ordeal as of late! I hope things get better for you soon. I am writing the primary program too. (Pretty scary huh!) I was half way through writing it and then it somehow got wiped from my computer. I guess I didn't write it the way the Lord wanted it written. Back to the drawing board. Let me know if you have a stroke of genious and get yours written. Some great websites to use that have some outlines on there ( and everything else primary that I got from sister Mcleery and sister Kreeger) is theideadoor.com and sugardoodle.com. How are you doing your songs for the program??? I am stuck on that one. I hope you are doing well and it was so good to see picts of your cute kids! Take care! Joni

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Shelly-I can't believe how big your kids have gotten!!-might be time to add another :). I'm also in the Primary and had to write to primary program-fun stuff. We are in the throngs of practicing right now-this is my 3rd year and luckily it is much easier. If you or Joni would like a copy of our program-I'd be happy to share. I know my sister-in-law used ours a couple years ago when she was the primary pres.. Anyway, glad to hear things are going well--it's fun to see your cute kids!

Shelly said...

Rachel, I would love a copy of yours if you don't mind (even just to get an idea on how to write it). I feel so clueless and lost on what to do. If you don't mind answering a few other questions. How many weeks do you practice? Last year they used one Saturday to practice and one Sunday and that was it. Is that really enough? Any tips and help you have would be wonderful.

The Mathews Family said...

Hey Shelly! It's great to hear from you! Wow - I didn't even recognize your kids they're so big! How great for you that 2 out of three are potty trained! I'm hoping to get there some day ;)

I dread going to church without James, but so far I've been really blessed in that regard. They seem to behave pretty well for me! Knock on wood!

Good luck with your primary program! I know that is really stressful, but it's everyone's favorite Sunday of the year you know!!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Post your email and I would love to give you everything! I have a lot of tips and things that have worked for us in the past-it is the biggest rush of your life to watch all those kids do so well on the day of the program after you've worked so hard. It's a lot of work-but SO worth every bit!!!

Shelly said...

Here is an email account you can send it to...

myplaceforjunk@yahoo.com

thanks

The Kalcichs said...

I was just wondering about you the other day and hoping that you had the link to this sight. Everyone says that Toledo is only an hour away. We should plan a weekend to get together with you guys and the Webbers. That is if there is a weekend when all of our husbands are off. Your kids look great and it sounds like you've done so much with your house. Way to go! Take care,

Ann

Joni said...

Rachel- I would love to have you email me a copy of your program and any practice tips that you have!!! My email is mhealeyfam@msn.com thanks a ton!!!
Joni

Adam Jensen said...

Shelley! So great to hear from you, glad things are settling down sort of :) I can't believe Caden is almost a year old???? where did the time go? Good luck with the primary stuff! I love keeping in touch you all help me so much!
love, Rachel