Saturday, September 8, 2007

Hi all

Guys,

I am alive, and finally figured out this whole blog thing. I am a computer illiterate idiot!

We are here in Toledo, and love it. It is much different then the west, and I don't know how much I like the humidity, Tornado warnings, flooding and mosquitos. Its been intense. .
Shaun started kindergarten, just like Dyllon and Eden, 2 weeks ago, and loves it, and so do I! Its like having 2 calm children all of a sudden. I'm not quite sure what to do with the quiteness. We miss him alot, but not the fighting. He learned to ride his bike this summer without his training wheels, actually, he taught himself. He is so big, and it kinda makes me sad.

Rachel has loved the extra attention and we've had a couple of tea parties with her friends already, and she is taking a ballet and music class at the Y. She asked me the other day if I would choose a movie for her, though, because I don't know if she ever actually got to pick one out before. :}

Nathan is crawling and into everything. He is just the sweetest boy though, and we all love him entirely. He is starting to get very silly, and seems to be developing a very cute sense of humor.
We are missing home, especially missing BYU football. We've listened to the games over the internet, but its just not the same when my whole family is there in the stands. Go Cougs!

Well, I am also in Primary, but I am the music leader. It is a lot of work, but so much fun. I love it! It is play time for church. Which also means that Shelley and I are working closely together on the program, and I hope the kids are ready. Its hard coming in 3 months before the program and know what your doing. Hopefully it'll all work out.

Well, Steve has actually had it really easy these first rotations, and I think he's has only missed church once, maybe twice. Shelley keeps on sending me evil looks:) but I just have to remind her that the tables will probably soon turn and I will be the one without a husband at church, and then she can point and laugh at me:)

Anyway, I am tired, and you're probably tired of reading, so I will sign off. Love you all.

Katie

5 comments:

The Kalcichs said...

Katie,

I was wondering about you. Your kids have changed so much. It sounds like you are busy. We've been able to watch the BYU games here on TV. We'll have to have you guys come over some weekend and watch a game with us. Keep in touch.
-Ann

The Mathews Family said...

It's about time katie!! Nice that you found your way over! So glad things are going well - isn't it just nuts having one in school now? Argh!

BTW - NEVER tired of reading this blog... NEVER! ;) So good to hear from you!!

banks said...

Hello! It is good from you. It sounds like life is going good. Keep posting. Kami

Jonathan & Rachel said...

I can't believe how big your kids are!! How fun that you and the Bassettts are in the same ward-makes life nice I'm sure-espeically that you and Shelley get to be in primary together!! Good to hear from you!

Adam Jensen said...

Katie! Good to hear from you. That is fun that you and Shelley are in the same ward. I miss having people understand somewhat about what is going on in my life. I think people think I am a flake cause they invite me to stuff and I can't go cause Adam is working nights, I don't want to bring Kyler and I can't get a babysitter all the time... oh well. Anyway good to hear from you!
Rachel