Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Finally....

Well we finally had an ultrasound to find our the sex of our baby! It's a BOY! (you can look at our family blog for more pictures)
We are so excited. I think it will be great to have two boys. I have really enjoyed doing little boy stuff with Kyler so it will just double the fun. Adam also has a brother that is just two years younger than him that he is really close to, so Adam is excited for Kyler to have similar experiences as he did growing up!
I am 22 1/2 weeks now and still due mid Jan. I am feeling really good... and growing plenty. The baby is measuring "normal" size so far :) So we will see how big he will get.
Otherwise we are hanging in there. Adam's ER rotation is winding down and it was nice to have one of our vacation weeks during such a hard rotation. Only 2 more weeks to go. You would think I would love not having to make dinner but 2-3 nights a week since Adam is gone, at first I did. But we just end up snacking all night or eathing crap. But I am getting better at cooking for 1 and 1/2 :) Overall things are good. I am trying to be positive and getting used to Adam being gone and finding things to do at night so I don't feel so lonely and don't watch TV all night. But it's easy to be positive when we just got back from a week's vacation :)
Anyway I miss you all and love hearing from each of you!
I am tired of blogging and posting pictures so you'll just have to look at my family blog ... sorry. I will post a belly shot when I get one :)
Love, Rachel

5 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations on the boy! I think brothers are so much fun-our two boys are just starting to play so cute together-it is so fun to watch. Life is about to get twice as sweet for you!!

The Kalcichs said...

I was wondering when we'd find out what you were having. I'm so excited for you guys! I'm glad to hear you are feeling well and have such a good attitude about all that is going on - especially with pregnancy hormones. Congratulations!
-Ann

The Mathews Family said...

Awesome Rachel! I can't tell you how nice it is to have the two boys together - they just have so much fun! They wrestle and throw balls to each other and beat each other up like its nothing. Now that Dillon is old enough for sports leagues and stuff, it's just double the fun! I'm off to check out your blog!! Congrats!

Maggie said...

Congrats on the boy! I have a hard time cooking for 1 & 1/2 as well. In a few months though I will be adding Elise to the mix so maybe it will be easier to cook for more. For now I am horrible about cooking for me and Jade. I usually make dinner after Jade has had several snacks. I need to learn to anticipate her hunger better. Good luck with the cooking. I think it is even harder when pregnant when nothing sounds good.

AnnMarie said...

Boys are so great. I really wanted our 2nd to be a boy so that Porter would have a brother. I must have wished a little too hard though because now we'll have 4 :0) It's fun and I have a feeling that our pack of boys will be a force to be reckoned with some day. Congratulations.