Wednesday, September 12, 2007

So today we had the Erickson kids (from our old ward) over to play the kids loved having them, but next time I might have to do it a little different because of all the teasing Caden does. We left here to drop them back off at home. unfortunately Ella is so emotional I rarely drive by our old house or even through the neighborhood because she goes into a fit of tears, missing her old house, ward, friends, etc. Today I was a little curious to see what shape our yard was in since we left it absolutely gorgeous and had it landscaped beautifully in the backyard with a fountain and pots and kind of expensive plants. I can't say I wasn't surprised to see that everything looks dead. I know I shouldn't have gone by, because now it's like I am the one crying over our old yard.(Ella did go through a fit of tears) But Ann your old house the lawn looked great and is green and freshly mowed and everything. Anyway I know it is a little dumb to go on about yards like that, so I am done.
For those of you in YWs I need ideas if you have any. In November I am in charge of a fireside and a YW combined activity. Right now I am a little clueless. So it is good that I have a little while to think aobut it, but I know it is going to sneak up on me. Ann I was able to talk about our shopping spree for our formal dresses last night, we had a modesty fashion show. Since it was so recent I just said that you can find stuff with out having to alter it.
Just with kids and everything else that comes with that, life continues to be busy.
Rachel congrats on the little boy that is so exciting, I am happy for you guys.
Amy love the pics, and congrats on the baby.
Girls, keep on keepin' on.
Talk to you all soon.
Jill

7 comments:

The Kalcichs said...

Jill,
thanks for the update on the lawn! It's good to know that it is being taken care of - probably better than we ever did. It sounds like you're busy with Young Women's and kids and everything else. Is there a nice group of YW in your new ward? That is so funny that Ella is so emotional about the house. Although, I'm starting to see that side coming out in Hallie - and I thought Zeke was hard. How can she have teenage angst at two?
Take care,

Ann

The Mathews Family said...

I saw a picture of our AZ house kind of in the background of a photo on Rachel J's blog and I got all nostalgic. There was a lot of blood sweat and tears that we all put into our houses and it's totally understandable to feel all those emotions. Good luck with YW's. So far, that and scouts are the only organizations I have not done yet. Sorry ;)

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Jill-Jonathan and I were just in charge of a fireside and combined activity just last week. We did a big thing on grooming-it was really fun. If you guys haven't done something like that before-I can let you know what we did. I get totally emotional about leaving houses-one of the big reasons we stayed in ours!!

Maggie said...

I'm not sure if it was a fireside or not but it was on a Sunday night. They did a missionary panel where they asked returned missionaries questions. The youth asked all the questions. In your new ward there are lots of return sister missionaries if you need a sister missionary. I was also going to suggest a modest fashion show becasue we just did that too. How funny that you already did it. Last night it was a joint activity where they played bigger and better by going to ward members homes or friends homes. They started with a fun-size candy bar and one group came back with an exercise bike. Well that's all I have. About the house, we don't miss our AZ house but I can tell that we will be sad to leave this one. It has a great floor plan and it just feels like us. Maybe that is the difference between a house and a townhouse/condo.

hughes family said...

jill, i know what you mean! jones and isa ask EVERY DAY if we can go back to arizona--its been 3.5 months!!" I think Jones just misses the lizards, but they talk about Phoenix with everyone we come in contact with. its cute, but kind of embarassing too. anyway, i saw a picture of our house on our computer and i got teary. i think i just miss the "familiar" and what felt like home. I think we're getting there here, but it takes time, it really does. so you and ella aren't alone!!
meg

Adam Jensen said...

I can only imagine the difficult demension it adds when your kids are old enough to express how much they miss their old house... It's hard enough when you do! I am sorry i can't come up with any good ideas for YW....It's been ages since I have been in there, and I am just trying to understand the 9 yr. olds in my valiant class.... they are so difficult! But good luck and thanks for the congrats everyone. Sorry your yard has gone to pot... that's frustrating!!!!
Rachel

Jill said...

Thanks you guys for all the suggestions and support. There are some pretty good ideas. Maggie that is cool that someone came back with an excercise bike. Rachel I'll have to get some more details on the fireside you guys did. Thanks again, for all the comments.
Jill