Monday, September 24, 2007

Greetings from Columbus, OH

Hello to you all! This is the first time I've posted on the wives' blog...sorry. I can't believe how fast time goes even when Shyler is at the hospital. Everything seems to be forging ahead full speed. One minute it is Monday and the next it is Saturday evening. I remember thinking time dragged along painfully while Shyler was out doing audition rotations last year. I was home with two busy little girls and pregnant with Dashle. Now it doesn't seem so agonizing when he's gone and I sometimes wonder what's wrong with me since I'm not pining over his absence constantly. Perhaps it is the knowledge that he is ten minutes away and eventually always comes home. Things are going really well for us here in Columbus. Our home is set to be finished on October 30. Shyler said he called the field manager the other day and in Shyler's words he "chewed out" the field manager to try to motivate him to get our home done faster. You need to know when Shyler says he chewed someone out it really means, "Excuse me sir, we would really like our home to be done faster if it is possible or convenient for you and your men." haha. He's too sweet to ever really be mad at anyone. Emery is in kindergarten and really seems to love it so far. Many people have raved about her school and the school district. That puts a lot of our worries at ease since we're naive parents and really don't have a clue about anything. We have a great ward who has welcomed us with kindess and love. I teach the 14-15 year olds and Shyler is in the YM presidency. We've met a lot of great people out here and we really love Columbus so far, although we're still trying to get used to the over- zealous Buckeye fans. Both girls are involved in dance and Addie is doing gymnastics through the local rec. center. There is so much to do here for families and a lot of it is free! It's the best! It has been fun to read about all of you. It seems that we're all surviving in our own way and it's a relief to know other wives are going through the same circumstances. Admittedly, I am a bit envious that Shyler is eating steak and calamari once a week at uppity restaurants and he's not even on a date with his wife! (I know how you feel Dora. We're usually eating cold cereal when he's out dining with the other docs). Hope you're all well!



5 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Your family is darling and your house is beautiful, I bet you are so anxious to move in!!! Glad to hear you guys are doing so well!

Adam Jensen said...

Cute house! hope you guys can move in soon!!!! Thanks for the update and pictures, great to hear from you.
Rachel

Jill said...

Brit good to hear from you. It is so exciting about your house. I feel like I am still trying to get organized after a month. Honestly I could probably just leave what is left to do, undone for another several months. It's a little difficult to get motivated to organize and unpack everything when I do it on my own. Finally next week Jeremy starts a rotation with better hours. Sorry to go on. Glad to hear from you. Your kids are so cute and are getting so big. Jill

Rhett and Dora said...

What a beautiful house on a hill. We liked Columbus. I went with Rhett on his 2 month audition rotation trip. We stayed with him at an apt. for a week in Dublin. We went to the Zoo there. What a fabulous zoo! Hope you are enjoying the nice weather before we freeze! hehehe. Have a good rest of the week.

The Mathews Family said...

Hey Britt! So glad you joined in! I bet you guys are soooooo excited to get into that adorable home. It's too crazy how big Daschle is! What an adorable family you have. Glad things are going so well and keep posting!