Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Well, that's what you like to do!

Hello everyone,

This is Dora. If you don't recognize my name I am Rhett's wife. We now live in the cold tundra of Dayton, Ohio. I am going to freeze this winter and miss the gorgeous winters in Arizona. This is our house. Finally no shared walls for the 1st time! Hooray!

We have a lovely corn field behind our house. It is so nice not to have people behind us. I could get used to the suburban life.

Well, my life is pretty much filled with the same stuff that y'all have going on. Two little humans.....Hayden will be 5 in November and Samantha just turned 2 and a husband who is gone all the day. He gets Fillet Mignon and I have pancakes for dinner. When telling my son to help pick up some of his toys I get asked why? I respond "I'm tired of picking up all the time." He quickly tells me. "Well, that's what you like to do!" Um...for the record cleaning is NOT what I like to do. But I do love to bake. I have realized that friends are important. I don't have family close anymore so I need to make friends. So, we had escaped callings for 3 months but we got the call 2 weeks ago. I have been called to the nursery. As if I wasn't on call 24/7 already! Now, I have to go to church by myself and then the 2 hours I could have minus kidos, I am now babysitting. So there goes the friends. At least I do have my adorable daughter in there with me.

Here is a picture of Rhett and I in case you don't remember what I look like. I am bad with names sometimes. It was at the fabulous white coat burning ceremony.
Well I better get going we have play group at the park for our ward so I guess I better get dressed and go make some friends. I hope you are all doing well. It was fun to read about everyone. Some of you I have only met briefly but we have a lot in common so it is nice to have a support system. Have a great day. Get out and enjoy the sunshine for a moment if you can!


8 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Your house is so darling! What a fun life. It's good to hear from you and know that things are going good. I'm sure we all can relate to your woes! I found a new answer that works great to the constant "cleaning up" issue. If they don't do it, I just tell them that they must have too many toys to pick up, so maybe I better help and take some away so that it will be easier for them. They couldn't believe when I acually got a bag out and took all of them that were on the floor away. I'll tell you-it made my life a lot easier. Luckily for them they got to earn them back when they kept everything cleaned for a whole week. It works and makes life a lot easier!! Glad you guys are alive and kicking. It was so good to hear from you!

Shelly said...

I love your house! So cute! I am sorry about your calling. That was actually the calling I was dreading. I thought the same thing. I am with the kids 24/7, I don't want to have to go to church and watch kids too. I love my kids but I need my breaks. It is hard with the husband gone so much. I hosted book club last night just so I could go (Ken was on call all night). It was worth it so I could have a "girls' night." It was good to hear from you.
Shelly
PS I don't know if you know who I am. I'll have to post a pic. I too was at the coat burning ceremony. I've got 2 girls (4 and 2) and a 10 month old boy.

The Mathews Family said...

Hey Dora!

So glad you joined in. I remember you from the white coat thing and thought it was a shame we hadn't had a chance to get to know each other better!

Your house is too cute! I'm lovin that huge backyard! I laughed about the filet mignon and pancakes thing.. I hate it when James comes home and tells me what they were fed by the drug reps. Especially when I've dined on ramen or 2 day old leftovers.

So glad you made it over here - take care and keep posting!

The Kalcichs said...

Dora,

I love your house. I wish I had a corn field in my backyard. Why didn't we go there with you guys? Detroit is not so nice. I'm substituting in nursery this Sunday and I was just thinking that I'm glad it's not this every week. I hope it will be fun for you and hopefully not too time consuming, right? Your kids are so cute. I hope you find some good friends there.
I'm so glad to hear from you. I was just wondering if you and Leslie and Dave Glover's wife (Alisha?) had the address to the blog. I'm glad you do.

-Ann

Adam Jensen said...

Hi Dora,
It's good to hear from you. Your home is beautiful and I love the Cornfield back yard, that is what I would love someday!Sorry about your nursery calling that is a bummer... good luck! keep posting :)
love, Rachel
(the one who knows molly :)

Maggie said...

I love the white picket fence! I am sure your kids love the backyard. Jason went to a drug rep dinner the other night but he went with a vetern of drug rep dinners. This guy goes to as many dinners as possible but he always brings home a dessert for his wife. He tells the drug rep that since he didn't order alchol then he should get to order two desserts, one for him and the other for his wife. So Jason got a steak dinner and I got leftover lasagne made with tvp (textured vegetable protein) but he came home with two chocolate cake slices, I ate them both. If Jason brings me a dessert every time then I guess he can continue to go to these drug rep things. I'm glad you're on the blog, Dora.

Jill said...

Dora, I know it has been a while since you posted this but sometimes I picture your house in my head when my window is open and i hear my neighbors in their pool or traffic outside. Honestly I thought houses like that existed only if you lived on a farm or a ranch. congrats on the house, good to see you on the blog. Love the pic from the white coat ceremony. My parents ended up moving there the same weekend we moved. It's fun, but not ideal for little 18 month babes walking around out there. Anyway good to hear from you. Jill

Rhett and Dora said...

Hey thanks everyone for the comments. It is great. Kindof like mail! I love it. I will have to let you know that I do have neighbors in front of and beside us, but it is a pretty quite street. We love it. It will be hard moving to a more populated area if we have too.

P.S. Nursery isn't bad the babies are sweet and eager to learn.