Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Coolidge James Grigg

Thank you all for your advice on being induced, but I didn't have to worry about it after all. He decided to come on his own that night! He came really fast and was born 30min after we checked in to the hospital. Unfortunately there was no time for an epideral so he came all natural and let's just say it's a GOOD thing he was so small. And I do mean small, 4lbs 13oz, but he was 18 inches long. He ended up being wrapped in his cord. Almost 3 times around his neck, once around his body, and once around his feet, but he was perfectly healthy. Even though the doctor shoved in forecepts, and he was face up instead of face down, I only pushed once and he shot right out. There was no tearing so my recovery has been heavenly. Apparently I was Group B Strep possitive, but because he was early and he came so quickly I wasn't able to get the antibiotics I needed so they were afraid he might have be infected. He spent a few days in the NICU but we were able to take him home last Thursday. I know some people have asked what our address is so here it is:

Andersen & AnnMarie Grigg
1319 N. Nettleton St.
Spokane, WA 99201

This is our first official family photo. Notice that Coolidge is safely behind glass :0)
Here is Coolidge hanging out in his crib. The bump where his knee should be is actually his foot. He will be swimming in his clothes for a while till he can beef up.


We were able to visit Coolidge in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) any time we wanted. Andersen was too sweet with Coolidge.


I was out of the hospital by Wednesday, but we weren't able to take Coolidge home until Thursday. Here are the boys checking him out.



Then they each had to have a turn holding him. Here is Campbell. He is the sweetest with Coolidge. He is just fascinated by how small everything is on him. I love to see their tender sides.


Porter is great with Coolidge and I don't have to worry about Porter holding him. He's a natural big brother.


And Mason always wants to hold him, but for him, "holding" him means Coolidge lying in his lap while he holds a piece of Coolidge's hair and sucks his thumb. My hair used to reign supreme, but I think Mason prefers Coolidge's hair now (I don't blame him, it's so soft).


Mason just can't get enough of Coolidge. He's always looking over the edge of his crib and waves to him. I am so blessed to have such wonderful boys!

8 comments:

Maggie said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! He is adorable. I am glad that everything worked out for you. How scary for the cord to be wrapped around him so many times. Were your other boys that small at birth? Did Andersen get paternity leave? Your older boys look so happy about the new baby. I hope that are able to get some rest.
Maggie

Rhett and Dora said...

Oh he is so handsome! He brings back so many memories for me. Samantha was 4lbs. 13 oz. when we were able to take her home from the NICU 10 days after she was born. You are right everything drowns them and even the premie diapers need to be folded over. Be sure to keep one of those little diapers so you can remember how tiny he was. I am glad he is doing okay and home with his family. My sister said that Samantha's bottom looked like 2 walnuts. They are just so tiny. We wish you the best.
Dora

The Mathews Family said...

Hey AnnMarie! Congratulations girl! He's just so perfect - small but he looks really great! So happy to hear your recovery is going well. What a beautiful addition to your little crew! I'm afraid my baby is going to come out already too big for her clothes! ;) Take care, rest up and keep us posted. :)

The Kalcichs said...

If his buns look like two little walnuts then I want you to send us a picture! I'm sure he's perfect in every way. I'm glad he's here and that you are recovering well. Take a break if you get a chance.
-Ann

hughes family said...

congrats annmarie! he looks adorable, and your boys look SO proud! welcome coolidge!
Megan

Jill said...

Annmarie I am so happy for you guys. He is such a doll. I love the new newborn stage, even though they wake up a lot. Make sure you get a nap in every chance you get.
Jill

Kami Banks said...

Congratulations! I am so happy all is well. I can't believe you have 4 boys, and they are all so adorable. Good luck with all the new changes. Kami

Adam Jensen said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so glad everything turned out ok. That's great. Yes, I agree with Ann if his bum looks like walnuts I wanna see those lil buns! Hope you are doing well.
love, Rachel